What's new

CVS Releases NEW DE SAFETY RAZOR

Here are some photos. I found this and took the photos while on the road, and I'm still a posting noob. So thanks in advance for excusing the quality.

The top cap was covered with clear plastic that I reapplied for photo #3.

Notice how "906B" is on one of the doors in photo #6.

I added the blade in the last photo. The blade was difficult to focus on, but you can sort of make it out. There isn't much blade exposure, but the gap seems significant. And there is no blade overhang on the sides. I haven't shaved with it yet.

IMG_20191120_133528.jpg

IMG_20191120_133625.jpg

IMG_20191120_133809.jpg

IMG_20191120_133916.jpg

IMG_20191120_134007.jpg

IMG_20191120_134254.jpg

IMG_20191120_134538.jpg

They might ship to an APO address but the online website ip filtering wouldn't be able to discern that. Use a free vpn or proxy service with an US IP address.

Besides unless CVS has better quality control on the razor production or they had the manufacturer make a custom die for them you are getting the same Baili/Weishi that you can buy on amazon or aliexpress for cheaper.
VPN’s are great! Indeed, it is much cheaper on those sites, only shipping might take awhile.

Here are some photos. I found this and took the photos while on the road, and I'm still a posting noob. So thanks in advance for excusing the quality.

I added the blade in the last photo. The blade was difficult to focus on, but you can sort of make it out. There isn't much blade exposure, but the gap seems significant. And there is no blade overhang on the sides. I haven't shaved with it yet.

View attachment 1036831

View attachment 1036833

View attachment 1036837

View attachment 1036839

View attachment 1036841

View attachment 1036843

View attachment 1036844
Wow I’m getting a Van Der Hagen for Christmas, but I’ll probably get this from CVS next time as well. Cheap and looks quite beautiful. Great photos.

View attachment 1036831

View attachment 1036833

View attachment 1036837

View attachment 1036839

View attachment 1036841

View attachment 1036843

View attachment 1036844

The question then becomes are they using a custom die for these razors and if not is it of a different metal and weight as these 2 Baili razors The BD179 or BD179J

If it doesn't differ then it is a simple rebrand unlike the Van Der Hagen razor which is not a flat out rebrand of a Weishi since it is made out of brass unlike the Weishi branded razors that look the same. The fact the doors are stamped 906B unlike the Baili razors could either mean they are using a separate die cast for the razors or marking a portion of the same razor parts for the CVS assembly and packaging line in the factory.

It’s nice to see them on shelves!

Agreed, even if it is just a simple rebrand of the Baili BD179 or BD179J. The fact is having them in a brick and mortar store will most likely turn on more people to DE shaving that would otherwise not buy a DE style razor because of the perception it is a specialty item.

Agreed, even if it is just a simple rebrand of the Baili BD179 or BD179J. The fact is having them in a brick and mortar store will most likely turn on more people to DE shaving that would otherwise not buy a DE style razor because of the perception it is a specialty item.
Agreed, I think it’s wonderful. Gonna be good times when they stock up cartridge, disposable razors along with SE, DE, straight razors and shavettes. A shaver can only dream 😊

The question then becomes are they using a custom die for these razors and if not is it of a different metal and weight as these 2 Baili razors The BD179 or BD179J

If it doesn't differ then it is a simple rebrand unlike the Van Der Hagen razor which is not a flat out rebrand of a Weishi since it is made out of brass unlike the Weishi branded razors that look the same. The fact the doors are stamped 906B unlike the Baili razors could either mean they are using a separate die cast for the razors or marking a portion of the same razor parts for the CVS assembly and packaging line in the factory.
I think the CVS Blade is quite similar to a Baili, while Van Der Hagen and MicroTouchOne are Weishi. The knurling is different but I assume the cost of making all these items are more or less the same. Funny how these are literally a couple bucks on Aliexpress, only the shipping takes quite awhile.

The 906B is from an outfit called Nanjie. I've heard tell that Dollar Tree sometimes sells them under their "Assured" house brand.

Last edited:
The 906B is from an outfit called Nanjie. I've heard tell that Dollar Tree sometimes sells them under their "Assured" house brand.

What they sell at Dollar Tree is a very different razor from the CVS one. The CVS (Baili) is much heavier and better built.
I got one of the CVS razors earlier in the year and just now checked for a number. It's in the same spot as the one pictured here but the number on mine is 811B not 906B so I'm not sure what it really means.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I hope it's better than the Dollar Tree razor. That thing is a buck. You know you ain't getting much for a buck. I think I'd take the VDH over this from CVS. Not that I think this would be a bad razor, I just like the color options VDH has.

In CVS I saw the razor and a brush. For that price, I think one is better off with an Italian made Omega.

For a dollar, I’ll definitely have to try the dollar tree razor! I’ll also end up getting a CVS Blade one day. Will be interesting to compare it to the cheap Van Der Hagen 85mm Razor.

What they sell at Dollar Tree is a very different razor from the CVS one. The CVS (Baili) is much heavier and better built.
I got one of the CVS razors earlier in the year and just now checked for a number. It's in the same spot as the one pictured here but the number on mine is 811B not 906B so I'm not sure what it really means.
That’s interesting. It could be batch numbers or just that there are very small differences in the models that are pretty unnoticeable. I heard the Dollar Tree Assured is a really cheap razor, lightweight and the alignment is not 100%.

I hope it's better than the Dollar Tree razor. That thing is a buck. You know you ain't getting much for a buck. I think I'd take the VDH over this from CVS. Not that I think this would be a bad razor, I just like the color options VDH has.

In CVS I saw the razor and a brush. For that price, I think one is better off with an Italian made Omega.
I’m getting a Van Der Hagen in December. I’ll eventually buy the CVS Blade since it’s not too expensive. Then I’ll have both a Weishi and a Baili. I’m really curious about the Dollar Tree Razor. For a buck it’s worth a try.

Top Bottom