What's new

CVS Releases NEW DE SAFETY RAZOR

How does the Baili compare to the Weishi? I've never actually used one.

I see that Baili everywhere at Ross's. I wasn't aware it was a TTO, as the way they've got it packaged, you can't tell. If it's a decent mild shaver, it would be a real bargain.
Ross is quite similar to TJ Maxx in terms of what they carry, especially for men’s grooming items. I’ll definitely have to check both of them out regularly when I move back. They are so close to my home too. I didn’t find out about the shaving products they carry like Proraso till recently.

So, I bought a Bali last year from Maggards during their BLack Friday sale. It was cheap, so I figured I'd use it in a PIF, or possibly give it to one of my sons when they start shaving. It's going to be on their Black Friday sale again, so I decided to use it, to see if it was worth picking up another.

I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's got a nice heft to it. Build quality seems adequate. TTO and doors operated smoothly. Didn't feel or seem cheap to me at all. Handle was comfortable, may be a little smooth for some people's tastes, but I didn't have a problem holding it with a wet hand. Shave was good. It had slightly more blade feel than I prefer. I like mild razors and this felt slighly aggressive. Maybe a little too aggressive for a newbie shaver, but maybe not. I just prefer mild. Overall this is a decent razor and well worth the $10 that Maggards normally charges for them (and a steal at the $2.50 they will have them marked down for Black Friday).

View attachment 1038628
Out of curiosity, have you ever used a Weishi/ Van Der Hagen, they must be quite similar in aggressiveness and weight. Thanks for the review. I’m hoping to buy the Gold Baili on Black Friday. Any idea how much shipping is to the Netherlands?

1574898126334.jpeg

This is what is being sold at our Fry’s grocery store

I snatched up 3 of these for 75% off (3 dollars and change a piece.) I think these shave great for the price. Get 'em before they're gone.

I was a bit curious and hit the link...

"CVS.com® is not available to customers or patients who are located outside of the United States or U.S. territories. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For U.S. military personnel permanently assigned or on temporary duty overseas, please call our Customer Service team at 1-800-SHOP CVS (1-800-746-7287) if you need assistance with your order."

Not for us Europeans or Asians too see

Nor south Americans.

It’s also a Micro One Touch, which I always suspected was a Weishi.

It’s also a Micro One Touch, which I always suspected was a Weishi.

It's actually different from the Micro Touch One. I believe it's a modified Baili. I think it shaves much better than the Micro Touch/VDH/Weishi.

Top Bottom