What's new

CVS Brand Injector Blades?

So I was able to get my hands on an unused Schick Injector, I believe it's the Type I (1955-1958), white handle, gold colored head. It's got a nice feel to it, and I'm looking forward to trying it for the first time.

I did not, however, want to use the sealed blades that it came with, mostly because it's obviously just so old. So I bought the CVS brand "Platinum Chrome" injector blades (11 blades for $4.19)...

I was wondering if anyone here knows if these are any good? Is it possible that CVS repackages the same blades made for Schick with 11 per vault rather than the 7 Schick gives you? I have the patent number here, if it's any help.
Patent No. 3,848,770

They do not indicate anywhere on the box where they're made... (Haven't seen the blade itself, yet.)

More than likely they are Personnas rather than Schicks. I use one of the cheapo-pharmacy injector packs (also Personna) in mine, and they work fine.

NY,
I believe those blades are made by American Safety Razor (aka Personna.) They work very well. I might like Schick blades just a hair better but the Personnas are much easier to find.

If you want to try the real Schick injector blades, go to a local "OLD" Apothacary or Pharmacy. They tend to have them in stock as most of their clients are ancient themselves and still use the blades, and probably their first injector. There are two in my area and both are always stocked up.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Kalypso said:
Your skin appears very smooth...... :wink:

I believe you are referring to the skin of (peering cautiously over my shoulder) the ol' ball and chain, who hasn't aged a day in the fourteen years since we first met.

P

PortsmouthDavid

I've tried the CVS blades, and I think they're OK. Wish you could get the original Schicks more readily, however.

David

ouch

My injector sees action roughly once a week (or less), so it's harder to justify a large purchase of blades than with DE's. Still, I'll have to get a load of Schick's, since these drug store brands are killing me.
It is, however, a fun and nifty way to shave. If the blades were more readily available, I'd probably use it more.

ouch said:
My injector sees action roughly once a week (or less), so it's harder to justify a large purchase of blades than with DE's. Still, I'll have to get a load of Schick's, since these drug store brands are killing me.
It is, however, a fun and nifty way to shave. If the blades were more readily available, I'd probably use it more.
Some months ago one of the many eBay sellers was hawking batches of the GREAT double blade Schick Krona injector blades. Teflon coated, I can remember getting fabulous shaves with them years ago.

ouch

guenron said:
Some months ago one of the many eBay sellers was hawking batches of the GREAT double blade Schick Krona injector blades. Teflon coated, I can remember getting fabulous shaves with them years ago.

She looked longingly into his eyes, drew close, and said "Teflon is a registered trademark of the DuPont Corporation, and, as such, should only be used to describe its products or services. Please refer to it as polytetrafluoroethylene, or PTFE for short."

More great moments in bad poetry.

Since the thread was revived, I'll share the news that I was able to find the Schick brand Injector blades at Pasteur's Pharmacy (for those of you in the NYC area) and I bught one pack. I only bought one because after my first Injector shave with the CVS blade, I was nicked up so bad I could actually have played for the NY basketball club by the same name, but with a silent K in front (nick/knick- get it?) Sorry... Getting past the bad puns, I was concerned that maybe the problem lie not with the blade but with the Injector itself.

At some point after the PTSD passes I'll probably try the Injector again with the Schick brand blades.

Hi all,

I've been able to buy Schick blades at my local Walgreen's store. They are a bit more expensive (~$6.50 for the 7 blade packs). You can find some good deals on these blades on eBay every so often. I tried the CVS brand blades and they didn't work as well as the Schick's on my face....as always YMMV.

Patrick

Top Bottom