What's new

CV Heljestrand Wedge Blade Safety Razor Variations

Good to see you back around.
Nice score! I have C.V. envy! I scored one but the retaining spring is shot, my hunt continues.

I saw yours in another thread. If I had one like yours I would try and find a watch or mechanical clock repairman and see if he had rivets small enough to work.

Now Rwoodreno is not the only owner of CV Heljestrand/Kindal Wedge Blade Safety Razor !

Received yesterday a n°83/R set:

proxy.php
proxy.php

All blades are very clean.
Saturday is missing, but the seller gave a replacement blade:

proxy.php

This blade is absolutely NOS.
The traces are due to the fatty paper that wrapped it.
Cleaned with alcool it seems made yesterday !
And Thiers-Issard is a blade shaper very famous in France.
Also known in the United States?

The original blades are almost in the same state.
I will send more photos after cleaning, strop, and shaving.

I undertook to clean it, I will probably redo the padding.

Just one thing I don't understand: how place the blade holder on handle ?

Last edited:
Just one thing I don't understand: how place the blade holder on handle ?

Nice find!

If you mean the holder for stropping, it should fit into a recessed hole in the bottom end of the razor handle. Screw the two handle parts together, remove the handle from the head, and insert the stropper into the opposite end of the handle.

proxy.php

Been looking out for one of these sets for a while and all of a sudden it was there. Placed in "wrong" category on local online auction house.

Very Nice !

The days of the week are engraved in German !
The first I see.

Correction after enlarging the image:
The days are engraved in Swedish.
More logical.
But still the first one I see.

Last edited:
Yes, Swedish it is, mistook it for German before I recieved it as well.

Overall good condition but needs some care to get the silver plating back to life as you see on the picture.
One blade(sunday) is chipped but the other ones are fine. All of the blades are stamped with C.V Heljestrand Eskilstuna Sweden on one side but the Sunday blade also is stamped with MK and three crowns on the other side.
The leather on the strop needs to be replaced and I can't really understand how it is supposed to function. If I get a hint on how to use it I will send it to a local leather workshop to have it replaced by something that is identical to bring it back to life.
Beautiful razor anyway. I cant wait to shave with it.

Yes, Swedish it is, mistook it for German before I recieved it as well.

Overall good condition but needs some care to get the silver plating back to life as you see on the picture.
One blade(sunday) is chipped but the other ones are fine. All of the blades are stamped with C.V Heljestrand Eskilstuna Sweden on one side but the Sunday blade also is stamped with MK and three crowns on the other side.
The leather on the strop needs to be replaced and I can't really understand how it is supposed to function. If I get a hint on how to use it I will send it to a local leather workshop to have it replaced by something that is identical to bring it back to life.
Beautiful razor anyway. I cant wait to shave with it.
The stopper works by putting the blade in the holder that is inside (on the bottom of the metal piece, straddled by the leather). You slide the blade in the triangle holder. By pulling the leather down on either side it flips the blade against the underside of the leather to strop it.
CVH4SS-10 (1).jpg

Last edited:
The stopper works by putting the blade in the holder that is inside (on the bottom of the metal piece, straddled by the leather). You slide the blade in the triangle holder. By pulling the leather down on either side it flips the blade against the underside of the leather to strop it.

Ah, thanks! the leather was not properly placed onto the holder and I didn't realize I could simply draw it out. Now it makes perfect sense.

Great thread! I've got two of these guys. I've had the 2nd version for about a year, but just found the earlier version a few weeks ago.
HAL1.jpg
HAL2.jpg
HAL3.jpg

Just received!
Except the automatic sharpener notice, and exterior of case, all is very fine !

proxy.php

Photos will come later.
Here's the automatic sharpener notice scan :

Have received!
After the seven days set 83/R, here's his brother 84/R.

The box no longer closes, and like automatic sharpener's notice, it is not in very good external condition.
But there is the automatic sharpener's notice:

Kindal_84R_01.gif

And inside everything is almost nickel:

proxy.php

Some differences with the 83R:
- The handle is in one piece
- It is not engraved "Kindal Fabriqué en Suède" on the back of the head
- No blade holder for sharpening on paddle or strop.
- But hole at bottom of handle for it.
- And head and handle all stainless!

proxy.php

There are 7 blades, with back engraved days of the week in French.
The blades container is removable.
And all the blades are in very good condition:

proxy.php

As the automatic sharpener:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Looks like they put it(the server) on their "approved" list. Images are showing for me.

Thank you, but I found another way.
Just by upoading files.

And after reloading the page, the images appeared again!

Last edited:
Received !
The outside of the box and its closure, are in better condition than on the predecessor.
Unfortunately, it's not the same for the rest.

Only 2 blades are engraved in French on the days of the week.
5 blades were probably bought after the set, to replace damaged blades.
Remains 2 damaged blades (Mardi and one without engraving on the back).
Only the engraved blades on the back, have an engraving on both sides. The engraving "MK" is missing on the other 5.

proxy.php

The razor is not stainless steel, but silver plated brass. It shows to some lack, and the fact that the magnets do not adhere.
As soon as it was received, it was cleaned and polished.
I applied silver nitrate to mask the lack of plating.
Some pictures "Before - After" :

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My first 7 Day Set. Missing strop. Little bit tape around blade and strop with my straight razor strop. Blades were exellent but dropped Saturday blade and got some damage. I hate myself.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom