What's new

CV Heljestrand MK 32

Thanks. Agreed it’s likely there was some chip that required the excessive grind. I’m still of the feeling that it’s not “near mint” as I believed it to be (mostly my fault for not knowing what to look for). I’m inclined to work worth the seller on exchanging for something else. The option of grinding off the stabilizer while fortunate that there are options in this regard, not exactly what I was expecting on having to do and also way above my current skill set. Thanks again and I’ll post updates here once I figure out exactly what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By all means get your money back, if you can. We all make mistakes, but if something isn't described properly, essentially sold as something it is not, that's a mistake on their part, not yours. Had they said "we don't know anything about razors, so judge and buy at your own risk", that would be a different situation IMO. You are welcome!

P.S. If you get stuck with this after all, let the forum know. There are plenty of skilled people all over the world who can fix this in 15 minutes.

Srdjan, stone and strop ( and all who helped here). Agreed on all counts (thanks for not giving a novice a hard time too!). Thanks also for pointing out that there are those that can help. Upon closer scrutiny agreed about heel to toe inconsistency. I’ve contacted the seller and he’s quickly offering to remedy. Since he’s been responsive and otherwise great to deal with I’m asking to exchange for a new razor.

As I acknowledge I have more to learn myself I’m going brand new on the exchange and will hone my skills (pun intended) and continue my journey that way. The vintage razors are VERY appealing to me and I’ll be keeping an eye out (a better eye ) for my next acquisition.

At some point I remember telling someone I’ll really only probably have one or two razors. Haha that doesn’t seem likely at this point. Cheers everyone !and...

Thanks again everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom