What's new

Cuts with a Mach 3?!?

Ok, I have a friend, and he has, on occasion, managed to cut himself with a Mach 3. And I can't figure out how he is doing this, because, well, I've never cut myself with this thing. It seems pretty fool proof. So what gives? How can some people cut themselves with a Mach 3? It's not like there are openly exposed blades. Just a curiousity I have...

if you place it on your skin, press in and move sideways you'll prob. be able to do it.

i have never cut myself with one and have shaved drunk/hungover/half asleep more than once.

Speed,

If your friend has any imperfections on his skin, any razor will open up a bleeder. This may be the case.

Randy

Well, I was never all up in his grill, but I never noticed any wierd bumps on his face. But I know he did it more than once in the 2 years I've known him. Actually, I should say, he's done it enough for me to remember it. :eek:

Mitchell (not like REO, which is NOT a bad thing),

He may have cut across some whiteheads, or other non-descript facial imperfections. I have found a couple of areas that will always open up when I use a straight vs. a DE. I have learned to avoid these areas, but I never realized they were there until I used a straight.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Mitchell (not like REO, which is NOT a bad thing),

He may have cut across some whiteheads, or other non-descript facial imperfections. I have found a couple of areas that will always open up when I use a straight vs. a DE. I have learned to avoid these areas, but I never realized they were there until I used a straight.

Randy

I listen to REO, but I ALWAYS get asked if my name is after them. Which it is not. The name comes from my driving habits, and choice of car. :biggrin:

And ah, thanx.

Speedwagon said:
I listen to REO, but I ALWAYS get asked if my name is after them. Which it is not. The name comes from my driving habits, and choice of car. :biggrin:

And ah, thanx.

Which is???

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Speed,

If your friend has any imperfections on his skin, any razor will open up a bleeder. This may be the case.

Randy

I have a small raised mole (Cindy Crawford beauty mark) and a scar on my chin that I have to be very careful as I shave around them or :eek:

Jerry

obsessis said:
if you place it on your skin, press in and move sideways you'll prob. be able to do it.

i have never cut myself with one and have shaved drunk/hungover/half asleep more than once.
Sadly, I can admit to cutting my upper-lip area by doing this. Not paying attention, I made a little bit of a lateral movement and bingo bango, three papercut-sized slices.

-Nick

Well, I guess I'm the most incompetent shaver on this board, as I have never used a shaving implement where I didn't draw blood at one time or another...and that includes the Remington electric shaver I started out with 20 odd years ago. If you really want to know my secrets, they include:
  • Pressing too hard (also yields a nice bloom of razor burn along with the cuts)
  • As mentioned above, making lateral movements with the razor head
  • Shaving the same spot repeatedly, with no shaving cream, using varied angles (something I'd do on the upper lip and chin areas); at some point, you wear the skin down enough that you can't help but to draw blood.

I have other techniques that I myself am not consciously aware of, but I assure you that I have sliced myself with everything from an electric to a single-blade Bic disposable to a Sensor to a Mach 3 and now a double edge (at least, with that last one, I'm in good company). Specifically with the Mach 3's, I could typically drew blood the first day or two I used the cartridge.

One of the good things (for me) with moving to a double edge is it has really forced me to pay extra close attention to what I'm doing, which is helping to wean me from my bad habits.

Mike

Top Bottom