What's new

Cutest new puppy in the Valley

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
After losing Iggy, the Big Fox Red Lab to cancer several months ago, sister Cate & BiL Billy just got another Fox Red from the same breeder. Full brother to Iggy & Spark (same mom & dad).
His official name is Flint, but we usually call him The Terrorist. Brother Spark is the only one of the 3 dogs that gets along with him; he also loves playing with Elmer the Beagle puppy (Billy's grandson's new pup)
1019221615b.jpg

1019221614c.jpg

With big bro Spark.
We all think he's going to be smaller than his brothers; Spark is a bit over 105lbs & the late Iggy went over 120lbs. My guess is 75-85

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
After losing Iggy, the Big Fox Red Lab to cancer several months ago, sister Cate & BiL Billy just got another Fox Red from the same breeder. Full brother to Iggy & Spark (same mom & dad).
His official name is Flint, but we usually call him The Terrorist. Brother Spark is the only one of the 3 dogs that gets along with him; he also loves playing with Elmer the Beagle puppy (Billy's grandson's new pup)
View attachment 1542505
View attachment 1542506
With big bro Spark.
We all think he's going to be smaller than his brothers; Spark is a bit over 105lbs & the late Iggy went over 120lbs. My guess is 75-85
Nice looking dog, Georg.

Is it true you have to register the fox red as a yellow lab?

After owning a black lab mix and a Goldendoodle, we decided that we no longer have the stamina to keep up with a large dog. Currently we are without a dog. I am quite envious of you. I love the red coloration. It glistens in the sunlight.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Nice looking dog, Georg.

Is it true you have to register the fox red as a yellow lab?
If you choose to register (at least with the AKC) it registers as a yellow. Genetically, Fox Red is the darkest color phase of yellow.
Not sure if you can show Fox Red in AKC events, except for field trials.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
If you choose to register (at least with the AKC) it registers as a yellow. Genetically, Fox Red is the darkest color phase of yellow.
Not sure if you can show Fox Red in AKC events, except for field trials.
That makes sense, I guess. The color is so beautiful it should have its own AKC designation.

Top Bottom