What's new

Cute puppy pics

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
D%26D6.jpg

Darcy (long hair) and adopted puppy Demi (Demitasse) running in the grass. Check out them ears.

Finally got to pick out our pup yesterday, yes, Christmas day. She gets her ears done on Tuesday the 29th by the breeder’s vet. That afternoon we drive 3 1/2 hours, overnight, and bring her home on Wednesday the 30th. Can’t wait......
Had the pick of two of these, breeder keeping the lavender collared one..
440F255D-DD5D-4609-B8A2-9FB19AEA4683.jpeg

The one that picked us, immediately upon meeting the pups, the white collared one came to me, then to my wife........they say the dog picks you and once again it proved out (our last one did the same thing)..
A9BE4E7E-117B-4F01-A050-9184615732D0.jpeg

1BD231F0-7265-424B-B35E-96AE3355733F.jpeg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Finally got to pick out our pup yesterday, yes, Christmas day. She gets her ears done on Tuesday the 29th by the breeder’s vet. That afternoon we drive 3 1/2 hours, overnight, and bring her home on Wednesday the 30th. Can’t wait......
View attachment 1200333

The one that picked us, immediately upon meeting the pups, the white collared one came to me, then to my wife........they say the dog picks you and once again it proved out (our last one did the same thing)..
View attachment 1200338
View attachment 1200339
That face!

FarmerTan

View attachment 1188217

Darcy (long hair) and adopted puppy Demi (Demitasse) running in the grass. Check out them ears.
I've been owned by several Dachshunds over the years! That breed is without question my favorite. German TO THE CORE! Just like my wife! There's a reason I call her the War Department. All our doxies looked at me like I was chopped liver. She just had to call them and they came running.

FarmerTan

This is our Lucy. We've had her for about two weeks now. She's a 1.5 yr old rescue. Sure love this dog. View attachment 1111940
Our best dachshund ever was a rescue. Do you think that they are grateful? I'm not yet ready for another dog, but me and my lovely bride are in agreement that it will be a rescue and a mutt. Erm, I meant a "Designer Breed."

I really do think they somehow know they were rescued. Weird.

Our best dachshund ever was a rescue. Do you think that they are grateful? I'm not yet ready for another dog, but me and my lovely bride are in agreement that it will be a rescue and a mutt. Erm, I meant a "Designer Breed."

I think she does. She's so loyal and she's perfect. I also can't explain it. Just the feeling I get.

Just to quote you on that Dave there is no Mutts or Designer breed, they are family plain and simple until the rich get bored of the Designer breed. Then they become Mutts because the rich cannot show love and loyalty to a fur baby, unlike us mortals that give them everything, and that my friend is why a dog is a working man's sidekick and partner in crime. And loved to bits

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

D'Arcy was a rescue. She and her brother were tied to a street sign on US 17 in Brunswick Georgia and one of the other Department of Natural Resources folk saw them and brought them to the office. D'Arcy went home with me and her brother with another employee. Demi was one of the pups from another employee's litter. They used to come to work with me and D'Arcy would go from office to office greeting everyone before coming back to curl up under my desk.

D'Arcy was amazing with babies; baby humans, puppies, kittens, birds, anything small and helpless. When she approached a baby she would slow her movements down and let the kids bop her or pull her ears or poke her nose. Once we were at the vets and someone had brought in a passel of new born eyes closed kittens that were all crying like it was the end of the world. D'Arcy climbed in the box and they all quieted down and started trying to nurse. The folk in the waiting room as well as the vets were amazed.

Demi liked to ride in my shirt pocket; head and front paws out and watching everything going on. The apartment complex where I was renting had a ton of kids and they would all come by to play with the dogs. I'd get them to all sit down in a circle and we'd play "Pass the puppy!". As Demi got passed from kid to kid D'Arcy rotated right along; lying down watching each child play with Demi.

And on the subject of Rescue Dogs; here is a story I probably have posted before. If so, I'm old and so forgetful and you just have to put up with me.

Buck

Last edited:
Since we are on the topic of dachshunds, these two beautiful boys followed me from Mississippi, Guam, Colorado, California, to Pennsylvania where their adventures ended gracefully. They were truly military brats.
20160319_170344.jpg
20160619_100916.jpg
FB_IMG_1608003802817.jpg

View attachment 1200333

View attachment 1200338
View attachment 1200339
I love Doberman’s, but I hate putting them through the ear clipping. I’ve had two in the past and left their ears au naturale. We just made a habit of checking her ears and cleaning them, the same as we do all of our dogs.

FarmerTan

D'Arcy was a rescue. She and her brother were tied to a street sign on US 17 in Brunswick Georgia and one of the other Department of Natural Resources folk saw them and brought them to the office. D'Arcy went home with me and her brother with another employee. Demi was one of the pups from another employee's litter. They used to come to work with me and D'Arcy would go from office to office greeting everyone before coming back to curl up under my desk.

D'Arcy was amazing with babies; baby humans, puppies, kittens, birds, anything small and helpless. When she approached a baby she would slow her movements down and let the kids bop her or pull her ears or poke her nose. Once we were at the vets and someone had brought in a passel of new born eyes closed kittens that were all crying like it was the end of the world. D'Arcy climbed in the box and they all quieted down and started trying to nurse. The folk in the waiting room as well as the vets were amazed.

Demi liked to ride in my shirt pocket; head and front paws out and watching everything going on. The apartment complex where I was renting had a ton of kids and they would all come by to play with the dogs. I'd get them to all sit down in a circle and we'd play "Pass the puppy!". As Demi got passed from kid to kid D'Arcy rotated right along; lying down watching each child play with Demi.

And on the subject of Rescue Dogs; here is a story I probably have posted before. If so, I'm old and so forgetful and you just have to put up with me.

Buck
I had read your "tale" of Buck. And my eyes got leaky again.

FarmerTan

Just to quote you on that Dave there is no Mutts or Designer breed, they are family plain and simple until the rich get bored of the Designer breed. Then they become Mutts because the rich cannot show love and loyalty to a fur baby, unlike us mortals that give them everything, and that my friend is why a dog is a working man's sidekick and partner in crime. And loved to bits
Oh! I know you understand what I meant! NO disrespect for any dog from me. I've had dogs that were better friends to me than my own family.

Top Bottom