What's new

Cut myself good today...

Got a new straight and got comfortable with it and decided to speed the pace up a little and take faster, longer strokes then normal. Then all of the sudden slice.. Put a nice 3" slice in my face. Pulled out my styptic pencil and the cut pretty much laughed at that and just kept on bleeding. I guess that old saying he who lives by the sword dies by the sword...lol This is for sure the worst cut I have done to myself to date shaving. :redface:

Eeeek!:eek: OMG!!! Its a good thing I already had dinner! But hey, at least your okay, thats what counts and I'm willing to best you won't be stepping up the pace anytime soon. Good luck on the next one! Warm lather and bandages to you!:wink:

Sorry to see that. Doesn't look good:frown: :frown: Please, please, please, respect your straights and slow down. They really aren't that dangerous, but they must be used with care and respect especially when beginning or you could really be in trouble. I know you're learning that from experience, but even though I'm quite experienced with a straight, if I on occasion forget to use good care and proper pace I'm still at risk of an annoying little cut somewhere. I try remind myself each time I shave that being experienced still never allows for carelessness. A gash like you got makes me concerned that ER visits could be necessary (reattach and ear, repair a partially severed nose, etc.) unless great care is exercised. Sorry about the soapbox shpiel...the picture just really got me concerned.

Thanks for the concern guys. My main point for this thread was to help others understand that you must respect your straights and never get cocky just because you get a little better. I opened myself up pretty good on this one. The gash was wide and deep as well. I did what any real man would do though, cleaned up a little and finished the shave...lol :lol:

If this helps keep one person from making the same mistake that I did then it was worth it. It was a hard lesson learned. It burned like hell and I wont make the same mistake again.

Last edited:
V

VR6ofpain

Damn boy! That is surprising. After my 4th ST8 shave without cuts I was starting to wonder how people cut themselves. Guess it can happen. I'll continue to be cautious!

Its good of you to post this, though its a real shame you cut yourself so bad. I think we all accept/expect a little nick every now and then, but that's a lot more serious than usual. A thread like this keeps us on our toes...this is why I'm superstitious about straights. Thank God you didn't do it ATG on your jugular

Last edited:
Its good of you to post this, though its a real shame you cut yourself so bad. I think we all accept/expect a little nick every now and then, but that's a lot more serious than usual. A thread like this keeps us on our toes...this is why I'm superstitious about straights. Thank God you didn't do it ATG on your jugular

I doubt it would have gotten the jugular, unless it is 3x deeper than it looks.
And if it did, a little pressure, and a trip to to hospital would have taken care of it(veins don't carry the risk arteries do)
Makes mine look like a little paper cut. :lol:
proxy.php

I doubt it would have gotten the jugular, unless it is 3x deeper than it looks.
And if it did, a little pressure, and a trip to to hospital would have taken care of it(veins don't carry the risk arteries do)
Makes mine look like a little paper cut. :lol:
proxy.php

I'm sure you're right. Don't want to excite any more trauma.

After warily crossing over into DE's, then SE's and injectors, I thought Straights might be next. Now I've decided - I'm definitely growing a full beard!!!

Glad you're okay and have retained your sense of humor! Thanks for sharing.

:cool:

Top Bottom