What's new

Custom titles?

mrs. chefchris said:
Even Hell's Kitchen??

JoAnna

I think I saw maybe 10 minutes of that, so can't really comment. My main complaint with reality shows is, well, there is nothing "reality" about them. That and most of the premises are just stupid or completely overused. Plus on the majority of them it seems like the entire point most people get of watching them is to be able to say "hey those guys are such idiots, I know I'm better than them!" Sounds like a waste to me.

AJS said:
Do you think I could find someone to love me if I spent more time in the kitchen?:crying:

I simply adore a man who can cook! All that comes out of my kitchen is Soap!!

How about Dashing and Debonar DE Wielder?

Mama Bear

I do find that there is nothing like cooking a really really good meal to impress the ladies. I did the following for the first valentines day with the current GF - up to that point, she thought I did not know how to cook.

-Baby spinach salad with fresh mandarin wedges, dried cranberries, drunken goat cheese, and a ginger vinegarette.

-Rissotto with prawns and red bell pepper.

-Pork tenderloin stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, with an apple, sweet onion, and brandy reduction. Served with acorn squash sauteed in garlic butter (perhaps my one mistake).

-Chocolate tort with vanilla ice cream and seedless blackberry sauce.

I believe I owe the fact that she is still my gf some three years later in large part to the particular meal.

As for reality TV, I agree that, as a rule, it is anything but real in some sense. That is part of what can make it interesting, though. I love studying human nature. Watching reality TV is sort of like a Quentin Tarantine movie: Put ordinary people in a very strange or highly stressful situation, and see how they react. Granted, the directing is not usually as good, nor is the dialogue :001_rolle but you are watching how real people react rather than Mr. Tarantino's interpretation of how they would.

moses said:
I do find that there is nothing like cooking a really really good meal to impress the ladies. I did the following for the first valentines day with the current GF - up to that point, she thought I did not know how to cook.

-Baby spinach salad with fresh mandarin wedges, dried cranberries, drunken goat cheese, and a ginger vinegarette.

-Rissotto with prawns and red bell pepper.

-Pork tenderloin stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, with an apple, sweet onion, and brandy reduction. Served with acorn squash sauteed in garlic butter (perhaps my one mistake).

-Chocolate tort with vanilla ice cream and seedless blackberry sauce.

I believe I owe the fact that she is still my gf some three years later in large part to the particular meal.

I'm drooling...!!! :tongue_sm except for the squash... :w00t:

With The Grain said:
apparently you guys thought this out... i just went and tried to delete my old posts so i was no longer the badger ranch buckaroo or whatever... didnt work :mellow:

Would you rather be The Foreman of the Bucking Beaver Ranch? :lol:

JoAnna

With The Grain said:
apparently you guys thought this out... i just went and tried to delete my old posts so i was no longer the badger ranch buckaroo or whatever... didnt work :mellow:

Hey, I just looked.. your last 10 posts have all been #298....... omg... you are being tortured by the monitors!!!:eek: :w00t: :biggrin:

mrs. chefchris said:
Yeah, I know. Still better than sharing my title with 100s of others.

JoAnna

JoAnna, I assure you that it is an honour to share a title with me... :biggrin: Oh well, as you say... at least there are only 2 of us (unless, of course, they change one of us to something "funnier").

NMMB said:
JoAnna, I assure you that it is an honour to share a title with me... :biggrin: Oh well, as you say... at least there are only 2 of us (unless, of course, they change one of us to something "funnier").

I'll wait for your SWMBO's opinion on that one. In about 5 years, when her opinion is unbiased.

:001_smile

JoAnna

Top Bottom