Custom Timeless baseplate

IMG_3403.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG
IMG_3416.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
IMG_3405.JPG
IMG_3416.JPG
I've owned one Timeless razor, a 68 gap OC and I absolutely love it for all the obvious manufacturing quality reasons and the way it looks. I've had some of my very best shaves with it but I wanted to try the 95 gap but wanted to compare the OC to the SB so after talking with Matt he mentioned that he could make me a custom double sided baseplate. Just got it in last night and thought I'd share it. BTW I had the scalloped baseplate originally but sent it back. I liked the feel of the OC better. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I'm given it a 3 day growth for my first test drive.

Looks great! I've been considering calling them to see if they could make one of those for me-- looks like they can!

That's outstanding.

I haven't tried the OC in a .68 so I'm interested in hearing your comparison of it to the .68 SB which is my daily driver.

That's outstanding.

I haven't tried the OC in a .68 so I'm interested in hearing your comparison of it to the .68 SB which is my daily driver.
The double sided baseplate are both 95 gap. I do have the 68 OC on the other razor so I'm also curious to see how all 3 compare.

I wonder why they haven't added this to their site

After talking with Matt it seems like he probably will in the future and feature it as a custom baseplate. As of now he can only do them when they are running a certain normal baseplate is how I understood him.

Anyone know if their still coming out with a titanium razor? I remember awhile ago he told me one was coming but haven't heard anything since. I find their current razor a bit heavy for my liking and a titanium version would fix that.

Anyone know if their still coming out with a titanium razor? I remember awhile ago he told me one was coming but haven't heard anything since. I find their current razor a bit heavy for my liking and a titanium version would fix that.

He did mention a titanium razor along with a few other ideas. In their eyes their just gettting started and have a lot more items to release. He mentioned some accessories coming out next. Personally I like the heft of their razors but I like a lot of variety so I'd be up for more options in different metals.

Anyone prefer the scalloped baseplate compared to the SB or OC?

I originally had the scalloped baseplate on my first Timeless razor I bought but for me there was something just not right with the glide and I actually had some irritation so when I ordered my 2nd razor with the custom OC/SB 95 gap baseplate Matt said I could send back the scalloped baseplate. I had already ordered the 68 gap OC baseplate so for me I prefer both the OC and SB over the scalloped for the smoother glide and no irritation Of course that might be just me and the scalloped baseplate might work well for others. Good thing with Timeless is you can always return it for a different baseplate or blade gap if it doesn't suit you

Top Bottom