What's new

Custom - Kauri wood Rudy Vey

Back in November, I was going through the B&B forum and saw a gorgeous slanted brush Rudy Vey had made for another board member. At the same time, I discovered about ancient Kauri wood and thought it would be super cool to have a slanted brush made with that type of wood. Two months later, this is exactly what I got from Rudy - these are the original pictures he took, as I have been too lazy to take any of my own.

Attachments

• $IMG_3251.jpg
    $IMG_3251.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 181
  • $IMG_3252.jpg
    $IMG_3252.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 180
  • $IMG_3250.jpg
    $IMG_3250.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 182
  • $IMG_3249.jpg
    $IMG_3249.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 182
  • $IMG_3249.jpg
    $IMG_3249.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 183
Ahh, ancient Kauri, the world's oldest workable timber from New Zealand. Each Kauri tree grew for at least 1200 years and then was preserved underground for a further 50, 000 years!!!

I have a Kauri razor and brush stand (from Goodfella razors in new Zealand).

Did Rudy source the timber or did you?

Congratulations on a beautiful acquisition!

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 7.49.47 PM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 7.49.47 PM.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 164

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Ahh, ancient Kauri, the world's oldest workable timber from New Zealand. Each Kauri tree grew for at least 1200 years and then was preserved underground for a further 50, 000 years!!!

There is an outfit here in the USA where I bought the wood from. Then I sent it out to be resin stabilized.

There is an outfit here in the USA where I bought the wood from. Then I sent it out to be resin stabilized.

Even better to learn that it's stabilised. Do you have any material left? If so, I feel an RV custom may be on the cards. Even better if we can work on a Kauri handle that will be accommodated by the Kauri stand I already have. I'll PM for further details if you accentuate the positive.

Back in November, I was going through the B&B forum and saw a gorgeous slanted brush Rudy Vey had made for another board member. At the same time, I discovered about ancient Kauri wood and thought it would be super cool to have a slanted brush made with that type of wood. Two months later, this is exactly what I got from Rudy - these are the original pictures he took, as I have been too lazy to take any of my own.

I will try to take some tomorrow and then update the post. I have used it only 6 times so far, so it hasn't fully bloomed yet.

I see that Rudy already answered your question for you. I like that stand you've got... now you gave me an idea! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom