What's new

Custom Damascus Steel Progress at Elite Razor

Just completed is this very special razor.

This custom Merkur Progress razor features a handcrafted handle and adjustment knob of Damascus Steel, which technology only recently made available in a form that may be worked into a razor handle. Traditional Damascus Steel is a type of steel alloy that is both hard and flexible, a combination that made it ideal for the building of swords. It is said that when Damascus-made swords were first encountered by Ottomans during the Crusades, it garnered an almost mythical reputation—a Damascus steel blade was said to be able to cut a piece of silk in half as it fell to the ground, as well as being able to chop through normal blades, or even rock, without losing its sharp edge.

The razor maintains the standard length of 3.5 inches and weighs in at 3.5 oz., .5 oz. heavier than standard.

To my knowledge, this is truly a one of a kind piece. Although I may build another in the future of this same material, this will always be the first.

I am offering this piece for sale on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com for $200 - SOLD

proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

Last edited:
Top Bottom