What's new

Custom Coin For Brush Handles

Hello,

I'm looking for a company to make a custom coin for the bottom of my brush handles. I'm thinking the size should be ~.75" or 1" in diameter.

Any recommendations?

I've google'd the heck outta it and I only see companies that will do a 1.5" coin (too big for a brush handle) and have pretty steep setup fees.

Was hoping a fellow brush maker would share where they purchase smaller coins (less than 1").

Thanks so much!

Making a coin is somewhat like making jewelry and you should expect it to be priced accordingly. It would be much less expensive to look for a coin that you like instead.

If you get a mold made you could do cast resin "coins". That way you wouldn't have to worry about plating quality, tarnishing or corrosion issues.

Thanks guys. I'll keep digging. It did cross my mind to hit up the local engraving / trophy shop in town.

I don't need something elaborate. Just a simple coin with a horse silhouette on it!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
You can find custom companies for "brass seals" used in leather craftsmanship.

Because it is a tool, it will be cheaper than the order of medals and coins; there will be no problem of the minimum order quantity, and it will be fine to engrave one.
Just after receiving it, you may need to grind it up a bit by yourself, and pay attention to the left and right flips.

Thanks guys. I'll keep digging. It did cross my mind to hit up the local engraving / trophy shop in town.

I don't need something elaborate. Just a simple coin with a horse silhouette on it!
Then definitely check the trophy shop equine coins or pins should be there.
An other option is shopping cart coins or beverage coins though these are usually 50 eurocent which is relative large.
And this is a link to custom domed gel badges… Domed Labels & Custom Resin Stickers | Gel Badges.co.uk - http://www.gelbadges.co.uk/index.html

Not sure if they will have one with a horse as I didn’t look but you can search the web for a ball marker for golf or challenge coin with a sports team logo with a horse silhouette. The Calgary Stampeders (CFL) have a horse silhouette logo and I’m assuming there must be some US college teams and they usually have lots of merchandise. I believe Turn n Shave and Elite Razors and probably more brush makers have used ball markers with sports teams logos for the coin in custom orders

Not sure if they will have one with a horse as I didn’t look but you can search the web for a ball marker for golf or challenge coin with a sports team logo with a horse silhouette. The Calgary Stampeders (CFL) have a horse silhouette logo and I’m assuming there must be some US college teams and they usually have lots of merchandise. I believe Turn n Shave and Elite Razors to name a few brush makers that have used ball markers with sports teams logos for the coin in custom orders

Great idea. Thank you!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I would be careful with any logo from a sports team, they are normally copyrighted and if you sell any brushes with a copyrighted logo on and you pay not any fees, you may get into trouble.
Had a discussion about this with my engraver a few years back, and I always avoid making brushes with any team logos.

You can find custom companies for "brass seals" used in leather craftsmanship.

Because it is a tool, it will be cheaper than the order of medals and coins; there will be no problem of the minimum order quantity, and it will be fine to engrave one.
Just after receiving it, you may need to grind it up a bit by yourself, and pay attention to the left and right flips.

This is an excellent suggestion that I'll play off of. I don't know about leather craftmanship stuff, but there are similar items that are made for sealing wax seals and also for seals used to emboss an image on pre-glued seals for letters. The sealing wax seals are typically brass. Either way, the image will be incuse and not raised like a coin, but you'll still have the image.

Top Bottom