What's new

Custom brush handles

I'll start by showing two new brush handles I received earlier today from an Etsy dealer (MaCroBs).

The first is a straight forward slim 'barrel' shape, 58mm H x 34mm Dia, with a 24mm Dia x 12mm Deep knot hole. Turned acrylic in a black and white striped design.

The second is a heavily beaded, almost 'beehive' shape, 56mm H x 36mm Dia, with a 24mm Dia x 12mm Deep knot hole. Turned black acrylic.

I set a Maggard 22mm x 65mm black/white synthetic knot in both handles, with a resulting loft of about 54mm in each case.

I'm very pleased with the resulting brushes and will be giving both a run for their money as soon as they are ready to go, maybe over the weekend. There are so many people turning out beautiful hand-made brushes and handles I feel another horrible acquisition disorder coming on...

Attachments

• MaCroBs custom black white acrylic barrel 01 - 18 AUG 2017.jpg
    MaCroBs custom black white acrylic barrel 01 - 18 AUG 2017.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • MaCroBs custom black acrylic beehive 03 - 18 AUG 2017.jpg
    MaCroBs custom black acrylic beehive 03 - 18 AUG 2017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
None, so far! I have been spending more on straight razor than anything else. Two customs on order right now so I am having to lay low!:001_rolle

None, so far! I have been spending more on straight razor than anything else. Two customs on order right now so I am having to lay low!:001_rolle

That's a whole different world of pain for me. :001_rolle I'm still relatively new to straights and recently acquired a custom razor from John Glueck in Sacramento, CA. It's just gorgeous. Simple design beautifully executed. I posted a SOTD pic last week. Take a look...

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 7th - August 13th

That's a whole different world of pain for me. :001_rolle I'm still relatively new to straights and recently acquired a custom razor from John Glueck in Sacramento, CA. It's just gorgeous. Simple design beautifully executed. I posted a SOTD pic last week. Take a look...

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 7th - August 13th

Be very careful! This "Razor Aquisition Disorder" (RAD) is a terrible disease. I can't even mention what I'm on the hook for with these two customs. If I told you, I would have to terminate you! Besides, If you talked, my wife would definitely terminate "me".

Be very careful! This "Razor Aquisition Disorder" (RAD) is a terrible disease. I can't even mention what I'm on the hook for with these two customs. If I told you, I would have to terminate you! Besides, If you talked, my wife would definitely terminate "me".

Ha ha. I know exactly what you mean. But then, what acquisition conversation are you talking about? I wouldn't dare waste money on shaving gear! :a2:

Although, I do have some vintage brushes I purchased a while back. I may try to get the old knots out and put some new knots in them. Seeing others do that seem pretty easy to do. I may try that first!

Top Bottom