What's new

Custom Arko Container ideas?

No offense intended, but what’s Arko? A razor, a soap, a cream, or a stick shift or a transmission. Sounds like some muscle car thing. I’m new here. Never heard of Arko. I’ve heard of Ronco. And Petco. And Norelco. And Silencerco. And Shaveco. But never Arko. As noted, I’m new here and still shaving with Gillette Foamy and a disposable. Just looking for a good brush…..😝

Curly Out
Arko is a very inexpensive shaving soap from Turkey. It's a favorite of Turkish barbers and cheapskate shavers everywhere. This box of ~900g worth cost around $15 shipped in the U.S. and probably less than half that much in Turkey.

It smells somewhat like mosquito repellent candles but don't let that put you off.

1656044871498.png

No offense intended, but what’s Arko? A razor, a soap, a cream, or a stick shift or a transmission. Sounds like some muscle car thing. I’m new here. Never heard of Arko. I’ve heard of Ronco. And Petco. And Norelco. And Silencerco. And Shaveco. But never Arko. As noted, I’m new here and still shaving with Gillette Foamy and a disposable. Just looking for a good brush…..😝

Curly Out
My dear Curly, Arko! and our mutual friend, good old G-1, deeply enjoy their pairing, together with a pleasant blade.

Arko! is a very efficient, Turkish shaving soap which has been around since about 1959, tallow based still, which creates an excellent lather.

Some misguided Gents have an illogical prejudice against it's scent, which is similar to a rich lemony goodness, with a hint of citronella. Pro tip. Use Arko! and pesky malaria outbreaks will be a distant memory. Seriously, I have never been bitten by mosquitos or any flying pests since I have used Arko! while shaving at camp. Ticks seem to abhor it too, as I have never gone down with Lymes disease. And it IS MUCH cheaper than DEET.

A tremendous soap, widely praised for it's performance, and at a very economical price. I would highly recommend it to you.

I always write Arko as Arko!. It should and must have an exclaimation mark on the packaging. My agent has already written to the manufacturer and this should be resolved soon.

G-1 will be making it's first public outing very soon. My deepest thanks again sir.

Last edited:
Arko is a very inexpensive shaving soap from Turkey. It's a favorite of Turkish barbers and cheapskate shavers everywhere. This box of 750g worth cost around $15 shipped in the U.S. and probably less than half that much in Turkey.

It smells somewhat like mosquito repellent candles but don't let that put you off.

View attachment 1477244
Yes, it has a very polarizing smell, most either love it or hate it. Very few argue the high performance of this soap though, especially for it's price point. So it's very much worth a try, the smell is very subjective, but you can at the very least bank on the fact that you'll have a good shave.

My friend! Please accept my apologies for laughing at you in another thread! I thought you were trying to be funny!

If you live in the Continental United States I would consider it an honor to send you an unused Arko Stick! Free of charge, just send me your mailing address.

Sincerely, Dave the Tanned Farmer.
The generosity of our great king is on full display today it seems. Way to PIF @FarmerTan !

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My friend! Please accept my apologies for laughing at you in another thread! I thought you were trying to be funny!

If you live in the Continental United States I would consider it an honor to send you an unused Arko Stick! Free of charge, just send me your mailing address.

Sincerely, Dave the Tanned Farmer.
Dave is the official ARKO ambassador here... don't you see the badge under his name?

Arko is a very inexpensive shaving soap from Turkey. It's a favorite of Turkish barbers and cheapskate shavers everywhere. This box of ~900g worth cost around $15 shipped in the U.S. and probably less than half that much in Turkey.

View attachment 1477244
So Arko, is in fact, a shaving soap? And I thought it was a joke? Arko,….like ACME from the old Warner’s Brothers cartoons. It actually exists and smells like citronella? I may be new here, but if I have to shave only with citronella soap, I’ll quit shaving. I like mosquitos more than the scent of citronella.

I have been on the lookout for a better brush to go with my Bic disposables and Irish Spring though. That’s why I signed up here. It seemed like a great place to shave with a sense of humor!

FarmerTan, no offense taken, but that was my sense of humor. And a shot over your bow. Just funnin’😆

Maybe a bit warped, but I do enjoy engaging in conversation and making people laugh. Even if it’s only once in awhile.

Curly

The rumor is his wife is the ARKO heiress..... but mum's the word. <eg>
Dear Abby,

I just inherited a Turkish company worth 100-million Lira which makes citronella packaged as shave cream. What should I do!

Yours Truly,

Smelly Shaves

P.S. My husband loves the scent. I think he smells like a mosquito candle, but I love him more than if he smelled of Gillette Foamy or Irish Spring. And B&B is chock full of adversarial opinions. But they’re polite. And sometimes “funny”.

View attachment 1477244

$19.50 is the best deal as of today for 12. I am sure that the vendor lurks on the Arko threads here. the "Arko Shop" also shows a badger brush and a straight razor !

Last edited:

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig

Curly Out
Never heard of Arko…stay gold.

$19.50 is the best deal as of today for 12. I am sure that the vendor lurks on the Arko threads here. the "Arko Shop" also shows a badger brush and a straight razor !
$19.50? Is that to buy the entire company? I might be able to scrape up $19.50 for the whole company if’n Y’all will quit enabling me to buy new razors. I would rename it: “Arko Straight” with a slogan “fastest smelly shave in the west”.

Curly Out

any ideas where can i get these from in the uk?
You can re-use the stick container from Tabac. Just refill the container with grated soap of your choice. The Tabac container is much better than the clear plastic ones, actually. For one, it is larger diameter, so holds more soap and is more comfortable to use. Second, the soap stick pushes up instead of using a fragile plastic screw that will eventually break.

I refilled one of my Tabac stick containers with Haslinger soap and it's just fantastic. If you like shave sticks, I'd recommend this with no hesitation.

Top Bottom