What's new

Custom Arko Container ideas?

So I absolutely LOVE Arko. The smell, the performance, the price, all amazing. The only thing that bugs me is that I'm not a big fan of shaving sticks, I can use them but it's not my preference. So I've resorted to smashing the Arko sticks into little metal shaving tins, but the aesthetic of it seems to bug me (I know, this is a little over the top). I recently bought a few of the little 90g red plastic containers of Arko soap, and although I really like the look of these, they're just too small. So I'm thinking I may try to make a custom Arko container out of an empty PAA tub since I think they're the perfect shave soap tub size. I'd likely just print off some custom sized arko labels, laminate them, and then glue them to the outside of the container, then just refill it with smashed up sticks in the future. I was wondering though, before I go to all this effort, if anyone knew of any good alternatives first. Anyone made something of their own to house the lovely Arko soap? Anyone just have good advice for my project? Anyone happen to NOT like the smell of Arko? That last one seems silly to even ask, I really doubt anyone could dislike such a mild mannered scent. . .BUT ANYWAYS I was really just curious what things you all might have to share about this, I know it's a classic soap adored by many, so surely some of you have had a similar OCD-fueled dilemma to this one. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any replies!

Places like Maggards Razors sell twist up cylinders for shave sticks. I very much like the idea of re-purposing empty shaving soap tubs. I found an unused coffee mug in the shape of a half baseball that I have some soap smashed into. My current Arko stick is smashed into a vintage Old Spice mug my Mom found in a local thrift store.

Maggards crystal(PETG) jars

6AE933F4-2D0D-4443-8623-82FFCF4B7D70.jpeg

Get some Mitchell’s Wool Fat in the dish… looks great, nice easy cover and a fantastic soap to go with it and enjoy with Arko… I grate the MWF and mix 50/50 with Arko into a twist up container, but you can just grate 50/50 with Arko and press into that dish and enjoy

DA4B3BCD-B156-411C-AE09-8E32DD6990A6.jpeg

Places like Maggards Razors sell twist up cylinders for shave sticks. I very much like the idea of re-purposing empty shaving soap tubs. I found an unused coffee mug in the shape of a half baseball that I have some soap smashed into. My current Arko stick is smashed into a vintage Old Spice mug my Mom found in a local thrift store.
Well, I have some of those already and have attached some arko labels. While it does look great, I'm still just not a big fan of shaving sticks

Attachments

• 20220623_222432.jpg
    20220623_222432.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 52
While those do look spectacular, I rarely trust myself with ceramic or milk glass bowls. Aesthetically they're very pleasing, but I fear I'd shatter them if they were to fall. That's why I love the thick-walled plastic shave soap containers

As Aaron suggested above, empty 6oz PETG Soap Jars from Maggards. They are the same diameter and depth as the PAA tubs.
I apologize, I wasn't familiar with the name of the material, so when looking at the picture I didn't realize they were plastic. But yes you're right, they look very similar to PAA tubs. Thank you!

Reactions: Cal
A hockey puck holder could be used as a mold. Also, there are various novelty baking molds that could be used to form a puck o fun.

Or you could combine both ideas and use a hockey puck baking mold from the river named website.

410qqV6NMOL._AC_.jpg

I like these, too. Unbreakable, nice looking, two sizes, and a Veteran-owned business to boot:

I am a huge fan, and customer, of Stirling. I think they make the best soaps on the market. If it weren't for the green color being such a contrast to the red Arko look I'm going for, I'd jump on this for sure!

So I absolutely LOVE Arko. The smell, the performance, the price, all amazing. The only thing that bugs me is that I'm not a big fan of shaving sticks, I can use them but it's not my preference. So I've resorted to smashing the Arko sticks into little metal shaving tins, but the aesthetic of it seems to bug me (I know, this is a little over the top). I recently bought a few of the little 90g red plastic containers of Arko soap, and although I really like the look of these, they're just too small. So I'm thinking I may try to make a custom Arko container out of an empty PAA tub since I think they're the perfect shave soap tub size. I'd likely just print off some custom sized arko labels, laminate them, and then glue them to the outside of the container, then just refill it with smashed up sticks in the future. I was wondering though, before I go to all this effort, if anyone knew of any good alternatives first. Anyone made something of their own to house the lovely Arko soap? Anyone just have good advice for my project? Anyone happen to NOT like the smell of Arko? That last one seems silly to even ask, I really doubt anyone could dislike such a mild mannered scent. . .BUT ANYWAYS I was really just curious what things you all might have to share about this, I know it's a classic soap adored by many, so surely some of you have had a similar OCD-fueled dilemma to this one. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any replies!
No offense intended, but what’s Arko? A razor, a soap, a cream, or a stick shift or a transmission. Sounds like some muscle car thing. I’m new here. Never heard of Arko. I’ve heard of Ronco. And Petco. And Norelco. And Silencerco. And Shaveco. But never Arko. As noted, I’m new here and still shaving with Gillette Foamy and a disposable. Just looking for a good brush…..😝

Curly Out

No offense intended, but what’s Arko? A razor, a soap, a cream, or a stick shift or a transmission. Sounds like some muscle car thing. I’m new here. Never heard of Arko. I’ve heard of Ronco. And Petco. And Norelco. And Silencerco. And Shaveco. But never Arko. As noted, I’m new here and still shaving with Gillette Foamy and a disposable. Just looking for a good brush…..😝

Curly Out
Well, you are about to get skewlled! Prepare thee.

Also, THE epic thread:

Curly Out
Though I love it, and have some decent experience with Arko, I'm certainly not educated enough to be teaching the next generation of pupils about it. Thankfully for you, @FarmerTan is already in the thread. He can answer any questions that the numerous threads on this website can't accommodate. You must address him as Sensei, The enlightened one, or your majesty. (Kidding of course, at least partially) In all seriousness though, welcome aboard. Though I've been shaving for a good while, I'm relatively new here as well. You'll feel at home in no time at all, this place is full of knowledgeable, kind individuals

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Curly Out
My friend! Please accept my apologies for laughing at you in another thread! I thought you were trying to be funny!

If you live in the Continental United States I would consider it an honor to send you an unused Arko Stick! Free of charge, just send me your mailing address.

Sincerely, Dave the Tanned Farmer.

Top Bottom