What's new

Current Slants Similar in Feel to the Maggard Slant?

Hey Everyone,

First thread in the forum as I’ve been in the wet shaving world for a bit, but need a better understanding of the wonderful world of slants!

My go to razor for sometime now has been the R41, but have had a recent fascination with slant razors ever since I picked up a Maggard Slant head. Love it’s efficient nature with a slight bit of blade feel, which is a good happy medium for me. Truly another beast from the R41, but as we all know RAD is a thing…

My question to the slant lovers, what are the slants out there right now that equal or even better exceeds the efficiency, blade feel, aggression of a Maggard Slant? Maybe something towards the R41 range of these categories?

I was looking at a Merkur 37C and Fatip FOCS, but was conflicted whether those would be the opposite of what I am currently looking for.

G37 and similar don't have much blade feel.....; if it feels rough, check on blade alignment. . If you like R41 get a real Merkur Futur, that one will give you excellent shaves and you can change the gap.
Yaqi doble open comb-slant razor....that one beats all....probably the only one pass razor I have. Apparently they have tamed it a bit.....I have one 2.5yr old (rough) and 1yr efficient and good. The top cap on the older is a bit narrower....

Attachments

• PXL_20200917_145952032.jpg
    PXL_20200917_145952032.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
the 37C is not aggressive at all (it is efficient though). The FOCS is more like it, you'll have to try it. The RR Wunderbar ticks all your boxes, efficient, lot of blade feel and can be aggressive if you are not focused. Not a daily shaver for sure. (there will not be much to shave after 24h)

Top Bottom