What's new

Current good badger sources

I just got pretty cheat a very nice Ever-Ready Nylon Lucite 500N handle, and I was very lucky that the knot came right off cleanly. No drilling whatsoever. I just started pulling it with pliers, and it dislodged. A few extra pulls, and boom. Clean handle.

Now, I'm searching for a really good knot for it. I've used Maggard Razors and Ace Shaving badgers, but I'm not really sure if there are any new good sources or manufacturers on eBay.

Any recommendations?

Here is the handle. Just need a nice polishing and restoring the letters with rub-n-buff.
IMG_2191.jpg IMG_4218.jpg IMG_7870.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice handle, let us know how you get on when you decide which knot you are going to use.

You take your chances on ebay to say the least. If V Sheng is still selling knots on Amazon they’re good for the price. I’m a big fan of The Golden Nib finest knots, and the one Maggard’s I have is very nice as well. I recommend spending a couple dollars more at these places rather than getting “a great deal” on ebay for one with a huge glue bump that sheds like a dog.

You take your chances on ebay to say the least. If V Sheng is still selling knots on Amazon they’re good for the price. I’m a big fan of The Golden Nib finest knots, and the one Maggard’s I have is very nice as well. I recommend spending a couple dollars more at these places rather than getting “a great deal” on ebay for one with a huge glue bump that sheds like a dog.
Definitively. I'm seriously considering the Maggards Razors SHD Fan Knot, which seems to be Manchurian Gel Tips. They are a bit pricier, but I guess the handle deserves it.

Top Bottom