What's new

Curious what folks think of Cremo

I decided to give Cremo a try, because it was really cheap at the grocery store and, well, why not. I put a dab of it on my fingers (no bowl or brush) and wiped it on with a few drops of hot water. At first I was aghast to see that it doesn't build any lather, and I could barely even see it on my skin. I decided to plow forward anyway, because it did make my skin feel slick and it seemed like it might get the job done. Long story short, I got a great shave. No redness, nicks or blood, and the lack of cleanup afterward was glorious (both face and blade). I was left wondering if it could really be this easy and convenient, but who knows, maybe my next round will be a bloodbath. Thoughts on Cremo? PS this was with a Parker Variant / Feather.

My feelings are mixed on Cremo. It is slick however. I generally prefer conventional soap and a brush.

Applying Cremo with the hands, per directions, gives the problem of having to rinse the hands before picking up the razor for each of my 3 1/2 passes. And that's a nuisance.

Coincidence: I too shaved with a Parker Variant this morning, set on 3.5 and loaded with a drug store generic blade. An outstanding shave and an outstanding razor!

I don't like the feeling it leaves on my face. I use a lot of soap and water to rinse it off with. I will use it to shave my chest, etc. It is slick.

It’s slick enough to get the job done, but I can’t do multiple passes with it without irritation. I have used it as a preshave with great success!

If you read any of the info from the Cremo site, air is what makes lather less efficient than Cremo. I have had a tube of Sandalwood Cremo for 5 months, and while I love the smell, I don't think it is any better than good lathering soap applied with a brush.

The wife uses hair conditioner to shave her legs and claims that it is better than any foam, lather, or Cremo. I have tried it and found that it does indeed work better than Cremo. It does not smell as good though.

I used Cremo exclusively for a while and it works great. Not as sexy as a quality soap, but it sure is quick and effective. My wife only uses Cremo now.

It is slick alright. I find it hard to rise off and after using it a few days My face felt dry. I will be throwing the remainder of the tube away.

Very slick. I keep a small tube for traveling, and mixing with a meh soap. I get an ok shave using it by itself, but prefer lather and brush.

I like to use it when I shave my head. It is more forgiving when I shave up there.

As far as face shaving, it works well. I have no problems using it all. Plus it makes my skin soft.

i like Cremo, it was my gateway into traditional shaving, my first step getting away from canned foams. I have the blue "cooling" and green "natural" shave creams and matching balms. i can use them just fine on their own but i like them even better as boosters, squirted with other things in frankensoap superlather concoctions.

i also use cremo face wash and face moisturizer that are both pretty good. And they have some great smelling washes, shampoos, and colognes too but i've only sniffed at the store, never actually used them.

It's a step in between artisan soaps and canned goo. I would use it if I had no choice but I wouldn't grab it first.

My experience with non-lathering creams is that they make nice clean shaves but leave a lot of crud behind on the razor. Probably would avoid using with razors that clog easily.

Top Bottom