What's new

Curious, Bruan Series 3 compared to Panosonic Arc

Been using my Braun series 3, a 3010s & 3040s shavers at work (mainly) and while getting DFS with a few little issues (lay flats) I was reading about the Panosonic Arc range and got to wondering would and investment in the new ARC range be of any benefit over my 2 new Braun series 3 which I had for a few weeks now.

Please remember I'm a tight was with cash 🤪

The Panasonics likely won't improve on picking up flat-lying hairs - for that you need a rotary. They will probably provide a closer shave, with the possibility of an increased chance or razor burn (thinner foils, plus Panny's 14,000 cpm vs Braun's 10,000 cpm). The larger (Arc 5) heads are difficult for some folks to maneuver as well as the smaller (Arc 3/4) heads. The Panasonics are excellent electrics, and worth trying IMO (but just like others require a few weeks to adjust), and Panasonic does have a great 30 day return policy.

The Panasonics likely won't improve on picking up flat-lying hairs - for that you need a rotary. They will probably provide a closer shave, with the possibility of an increased chance or razor burn (thinner foils, plus Panny's 14,000 cpm vs Braun's 10,000 cpm). The larger (Arc 5) heads are difficult for some folks to maneuver as well as the smaller (Arc 3/4) heads. The Panasonics are excellent electrics, and worth trying IMO (but just like others require a few weeks to adjust), and Panasonic does have a great 30 day return policy.

Great straight or he point, just what I like. I've read a dozen reviews and all have said the same kinda thing, thanks

That's sorted then closeness is not paramount but nice to have. I've put a few Arc 4's in the basket on a well known site named after a river. I'll look again after payday and Christmas.

Last edited:
Well after a trawl of sites I've hit the buy it now button and have a Panosonic ES-RF31-S511 en-route to me. At a 60% off saving I thought it would be rude not to. I can always sell my Braun 3010s and keep the Braun 3040s at work or visa versa.

Well after a trawl of sites I've hit the buy it now button and have a Panosonic ES-RF31-S511 en-route to me. At a 60% off saving I thought it would be rude not to. I can always sell my Braun 3010s and keep the Braun 3040s at work or visa versa.

Nice shaver! Don't think you'll be disappointed - just realize that Panasonics need a lighter touch than Brauns - wet/dry as well, so you can use it with shaving foam or soap, or in the shower. The other positive thing about the Pannys is that they're probably the easiest electrics to manually clean (important if you don't have a cleaning station), because the foils and cutters are separate (unlike Braun's cartridge heads, or Norelco's more fiddly and delicate combs and cutters). It also means you can replace cutters and foils separately, also nice because the foils tend to wear faster than the cutters. Be sure and give it the full two or three weeks before you decide naughty or nice, because your face and beard will need to adapt. Congrats!

I bought a Braun 3040 this spring and then wondered how much better a Panasonic Arc 5 would be, so bought one of those too. After two weeks I returned the Panasonic. It may have been very slightly more efficient, but that was outweighed by the larger head and higher cost for replacement blades/foils. The Braun is a much better value imo.

my old cousin is here and since he cannot move back home because of the new italian lockdown so I will take advantage of using his panasonic ES-LV67 which he upgraded with the new flagship foils+head. He assured me he's able to reach the same results he gets with his mach3s. Will try and see. Who knows maybe i will finally found an electric that give me an almost bbs.

Have swapped the 3040 with the 3010 at work as the 3040 has a trimmer the other doesn't. Now it may be a phyc thing but I'm sure it shaves

1) closer
2) smother

Than the standard 3010, Both are brand new-ish (only a few weeks old each of them) with the 3010 being a few days older. Is it me or could it be the same situation as with regular DE and SE blades that sometimes the same blade has a slightly different feel to it. Could could batches just have slightly different tolerances when made.......nah it must be me. Either way nice close shave to night at work.

Also looking forward to trying the Arc 4 lots of very positive reviews, most do say about the could wearing before the cutting heads but life is all about choose etc.

tried my cousin es-lv67 today. Very good shave , just after the sensation is (visually and by touch) very similar to the shave i get with my fusion, just less profound (with fusion is BRUTALLY profound). We'll see how long it will last in comparison during the day. I insert the pics for comparison : top ES-LV67 bottom Fusion proglide flexball.

Attachments

• es-lv67.jpg
    es-lv67.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • rasatura fusion.jpg
    rasatura fusion.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
now at 14:14 italian time after just a tad more than 5 hours from the electric shave visually i'm still clean but touching ATG is already sandpaper. When i perform a fusion blade shave i have the same feling at approximately 22.00 - 23.00 So, for now, closeness-wise i can confirm an 8-hour advantage for the Fusion Proglide Flexball.

Well my Arc 4 model,

Panasonic ES-RF31-S511 Wet and Dry Electric 4-Blade Shaver for Men

Arrived yesterday and I gave it a good couple of hours to charge up then set about using it in the shower. I went with a vintage erasmic stick and a Simpson T3 brush. A nice lather, not too thick but not too thin. Anyhow, I'd read the instruction leaflet on how to use and set about my first shave. I took my time and the result was a really nice smooth and effortless shave. Not a BBS but better than a DFS. No burn, irritation, redness or any of the usual maladies you sometimes get with electric shavers. I dare say at this current time the Braun series 3 is in second place to the Panasonic.

Top Bottom