What's new

Curious ‘bout Gold Dollar

My wifey is actually my best friend in the world.

Wonderful wife who completes me, awesome sister and daughter, incredible mother.

I know it probably sounds weird how I explained the above situation, about me softening my purchasing of two sharpening stones for $200.

But if the truth be told, I can purchase anything I want. I just knew that she would get...ummm...”frustrated,” hearing that I spent that much on two stones. She doesn’t understand some of my “guy hobbies” - like climbing, bouldering, bowhunting, 3-Gun competitor (rifle, shotgun, pistol), reloading, knife-making, woodworking, motorcycles, brewing bier, leather carving, stained glass, etc).

Ive been into a lot of crafts and hobbies before we met and married 12-years ago. So I understand she doesn’t understand many of the things I do, or the tools they take.

Honestly...I didn’t even want to see her “roll her eyes, or even “sigh” when I mentioned my purchase.

Long story short, marriage is a great thing when you wait and find the right woman.

It’s give-and-take. But her input is highly regarded, and sought after, by this new SR shaver.
"I can purchase anything I want"

Uh.....well....

if you say so.

I mean I am not there and you are so how would I know?

Yep, anything you want, any time you want.

Yup, yes Sir!

I totally believe you.

My wifey is actually my best friend in the world.

Wonderful wife who completes me, awesome sister and daughter, incredible mother.

I know it probably sounds weird how I explained the above situation, about me softening my purchasing of two sharpening stones for $200.

But if the truth be told, I can purchase anything I want. I just knew that she would get...ummm...”frustrated,” hearing that I spent that much on two stones. She doesn’t understand some of my “guy hobbies” - like climbing, bouldering, bowhunting, 3-Gun competitor (rifle, shotgun, pistol), reloading, knife-making, woodworking, motorcycles, brewing bier, leather carving, stained glass, etc).

Ive been into a lot of crafts and hobbies before we met and married 12-years ago. So I understand she doesn’t understand many of the things I do, or the tools they take.

Honestly...I didn’t even want to see her “roll her eyes, or even “sigh” when I mentioned my purchase.

Long story short, marriage is a great thing when you wait and find the right woman.

It’s give-and-take. But her input is highly regarded, and sought after, by this new SR shaver.

awesome.......luckily I have a supportive wife too with all of the "things" I get.

either hunting or shaving stuff....shes okay with this.

this baby two years ago cost a lot more than my shaving obsession.

20200117_184855.jpg

camo

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
"I can purchase anything I want"

Uh.....well....

if you say so.

I mean I am not there and you are so how would I know?

Yep, anything you want, any time you want.

Yup, yes Sir!

I totally believe you.

Brother, we do okay in life. And my hobbies are now fully inventoried.

When we moved into our home, I told the wifey all I wanted was a Man-Cave and an office.

I got both...with room to spare.

Here's a shot of the rear of my Man-Cave. (Motorcycle, woodworking tools and equipment are behind me).

On the left, behind my black kegerator fridge, is an 18’ foot reloading table. (Rifle rounds, shotgun slugs, and pistol rounds).

As you can see, bouldering and Muay Thai are a strong passion of mine.

I can REALLY purchase anything I want. (Not like a yacht, a mansion, a Rolls Royce, or anything like that). But if I need something, I just get it. Not that there is really anything more I want now...after getting these honing stones setup.

I like to make the “big decisions” together with the wifey. But smaller stuff we talk about, as it’ll come out anyways when statements are looked at, and bills are paid monthly.

But like I mentioned before, there’s ways to “soften” the rolling eyes of wifey. 😁

I’m more of a craftsman (woodworking, carving leather, metal, stained glass), and I spend about 80% of my life doing physical outdoor stuff anyways.
3992F5D3-16F3-4E3F-8EFE-E07C1D6B20AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Brother, we do okay in life. And my hobbies are now fully inventoried.

When we moved into our home, I told the wifey all I wanted was a Man-Cave and an office.

I got both...with room to spare.

Here's a shot of the rear of my Man-Cave. (Motorcycle, woodworking tools and equipment are behind me).

On the left, behind my black kegerator fridge, is an 18’ foot reloading table. (Rifle rounds, shotgun slugs, and pistol rounds).

As you can see, bouldering and Muay Thai are a strong passion of mine.

I can REALLY purchase anything I want. (Not like a yacht, a mansion, a Rolls Royce, or anything like that). But if I need something, I just get it. Not that there is really anything more I want now...after getting these honing stones setup.

I like to make the “big decisions” together with the wifey. But smaller stuff we talk about, as it’ll come out anyways when statements are looked at, and bills are paid monthly.

But like I mentioned before, there’s ways to “soften” the rolling eyes of wifey. 😁

I’m more of a craftsman (woodworking, carving leather, metal, stained glass), and I spend about 80% of my life doing physical outdoor stuff anyways.View attachment 1124925
Nice!

I've bought three re-done Gold Dollars from @Slash McCoy (Crescent City Razors on the Bay), and can recommend his work. The scales are switched out to nicer looking ones, and it's truly shave-ready when it arrives. It's good to start with a SR that's actually shave-ready, so that you know what it's supposed to feel like. As an added bonus, it's actually a good, inexpensive razor that's not disposable after you learn to hone, strop, and shave.

Check with him. IIRC, mine were around $35. shipped. Solid, great shavers, and don't feel cheap. I just wish he'd make some with white handles (hint, hint).
Great info in this thread.
I started using a shavette about a month ago and have really been enjoying it, so I decided to start looking into straights. Did a lot of digging, got overwhelmed by the high cost items available, and then started to realize that the edge is the key factor.
Browsed around another forum as a guest and found out about crescent city razors; which lead me to here.

@Slash McCoy definitely tells it like it is. Love that!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Great info in this thread.
I started using a shavette about a month ago and have really been enjoying it, so I decided to start looking into straights. Did a lot of digging, got overwhelmed by the high cost items available, and then started to realize that the edge is the key factor.
Browsed around another forum as a guest and found out about crescent city razors; which lead me to here.

@Slash McCoy definitely tells it like it is. Love that!
Just be careful when dealing with @Slash McCoy. He is based south of the I10 and you should know what people from there are like.

I had a girlfriend from Louisiana and south of the I10. She only wanted to use and abuse my body, then just cast me aside.

Top Bottom