What's new

Curious-- anyone else been here 10+ years and never tried MWF?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I don't know why, but I've never tried it. I'm sure lots of folks here have never tried it. But anyone who joined over ten years ago? Do I need to get some?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I'm very new to wet shaving and I really wanted to try MWF but there where a lot of people saying the found it hard to get a lather it which put me off. But then thanks to B&B I read so many thread's where people where saying that they had bought items and revisited it a year later and found they loved it. So I thought its worth a shot lucky it worked amazing for me right out of the starting gate with a synthetic and boar brush it didn't matter. Sorry if I'm to new at this game to give an opinion.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm very new to wet shaving and I really wanted to try MWF but there where a lot of people saying the found it hard to get a lather it which put me off. But then thanks to B&B I read so many thread's where people where saying that they had bought items and revisited it a year later and found they loved it. So I thought its worth a shot lucky it worked amazing for me right out of the starting gate with a synthetic and boar brush it didn't matter. Sorry if I'm to new at this game to give an opinion.
Everyones experience has something of value to add no matter how long you've been here. Thanks.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Dave, you’re not giving an opinion, you’re sharing your experience, there’s a difference. Thanks for responding! High post count is not needed to share anything around here. Obviously, hearing from you reinforces my decision to try it!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Dave, you’re not giving an opinion, you’re sharing your experience, there’s a difference. Thanks for responding! High post count is not needed to share anything around here. Obviously, hearing from you reinforces my decision to try it!

Thank you so much I get nervous when chiming in on threads. I've been on different forums where you got your nose bit off but the gentleman of B&B seem to be cut from a different cloth :thumbup:

If you get MWF in its container, and the puck has dried enough to have pulled away from the sides of the container, add water to it and forget it for 5 full days.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
My misadventures with MWF are well documented on this forum and I can attest to the primordial goo leaching out of it. Others had similar problems, ok, QC issues, who knows, I moved on and purchased a replacement months later. I really like MWF and don’t do any special prep, damp brush and boom, great lather every time. Very pleased I gave it a second chance.

I have never tried MWF. I have lots of soap and I just haven't got around to buying it. I will eventually try it, but I need to blow thru dozens of other soaps first.

I have been wetshaving for more than 10 years but have only on B&B for a year though…

What timing. I just bought it for the first time a month ago. I decided to get the ceramic container one reasoning if I didn't like the soap at least I have a historic container. Good reasoning because all I have now is the container.

I worked that soap over and for me it just did not perform. Light scent which is my preference but a chore to work up a lather and have it last in my lather bowl. Tried it multiple times and at my age - I just don't want it to be a chore. I have been at this a while and treated it like any other soap and for me, just not working. I am glad to hear it works for some others.

I've never tried it. After reading a lot of nice things about it I wanted to buy one but here in NZ it's extremely expensive. Maybe I should look to the Bay of E, lots of things are way cheaper if you order it yourself, even with shipping from UK or USA. It's sold out locally anyways.
I remember from my childhood all baby products were full of lanolin :)

update> just find some in Australia, looking forward to try it

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
4 years and have not tried it. Haslinger Schafmilch (alternative to MWF)is made from sheep milk & lanolin triple milled and is a wonderful light scented with excellent lather qualities but they changed something in the Haslinger line of soaps recently(Tallow??), hopefully the Schafmilch stayed the same.

Top Bottom