What's new

Curious about this brush.

Recently on YouTube I saw some vids where guys were reviewing the Naked Armor Sandalwood shaving kit. It comes with a razor, brush and soap for $99 USD on Amazon. Seems a bit overpriced IMHO
2_12eb56a3-5ce2-44f4-a366-b34a241b85d6_2000x.png

What sparked my curiosity was the brush because it's a synthetic made by a hair type named Futura. The company claims it's badger friendly and highly resistant to heat. From what I've learned is Futura is used in hair extensions for women and can be curled using curling irons. Any one actually own this brush? What is your experience with it? Is it soft? Can you face lather with it? What's it's over all performance? You can find it at Amazon Here

Aren't all synthetics "Badger Friendly"?

Never heard of the company....which is usually a bad sign on a shaving forum.

A good synthetic can be had for $20, a good soap for $20 and then buy whatever razor you want with the extra $60 and you'll be way ahead on performance

Aren't all synthetics "Badger Friendly"?

Never heard of the company....which is usually a bad sign on a shaving forum.

A good synthetic can be had for $20, a good soap for $20 and then buy whatever razor you want with the extra $60 and you'll be way ahead on performance
Agreed. Ken Surfs and others have reviewed it on YouTube. They even have Kensurfs on their Amazon page.

It appears to be the same generic low-buck Chinese shaving stuff with a heavy layer of Marketing fluff. The brand name was created out of thin air and means nothing. This was probably intended to be something that would be bought to give as a gift to someone interested in traditional shaving.

You can do better buying well-known products that offer good value for the money, around $50-60.

Last edited:
Top Bottom