What's new

Curbside

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We have not. I still like to see what I'm buying before I buy it, and neither my wife nor I have even been one to just stroll or linger about the supermarket. We've been comfortable going in--it's really something of a low risk environment if you follow proper precautions. We also go at times when the market is not crowded. It helps when you work from home and your home is a quarter mile from the store.

I was tempted to use curbside or delivery when they were very strictly limiting the number of persons inside the market because I didn't want to wait in line, but I also had little problem finding a time to go when there was no line (again working from home and being a stone's throw from the store).

My parents have been getting curbside or delivery, as have some of my neighbors and friends. They've had some interesting stories about what they've received versus what they've ordered.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
SWMBO did for groceries at Wallyworld several months ago. She liked it. Don't know why she stopped doing it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Exclusively for the past 3 months.

I doubt that I will ever walk inside a store again.
Well, let me tell ya, you will be missing some absolutely INCREDIBLY dressed folks if you stay away from Wally World!

Honestly, for me it's worth risking the Covid just to get a little taste of Halloween ever-so-often!

And I'm not lying when I say this: I'll go there in jeans and a khaki hillbilly sports coat (to conceal my gun) and I'm the best looking man in the place! Talk about an ego boost! If'n I ever run for president of these fine United States I will dress like that and hold my rallies there. Remember: VOTE EARLY, AND VOTE OFTEN! I'm the Tanned Farmer, and I approve this message!

I did exclusively during lockdown, and for the most part it was fine, especially once I got used to the ordering process and making sure to mark no substitutes on items we are picky about. Many times we were given more expensive substitutes for the original price, so no complaints there but sometimes their judgment for what constituted an adequate replacement was lacking. Not my preferred method of shopping I would rather pick items myself but it was fine while the situation was what it was.

FarmerTan

I did exclusively during lockdown, and for the most part it was fine, especially once I got used to the ordering process and making sure to mark no substitutes on items we are picky about. Many times we were given more expensive substitutes for the original price, so no complaints there but sometimes their judgment for what constituted an adequate replacement was lacking. Not my preferred method of shopping I would rather pick items myself but it was fine while the situation was what it was.
Our neighbors, actually as close or closer than family, had very similar experiences. She says she has had some phenomenal picks of tomatoes and other like veggies, and some failures as well, but that Wally World has ALWAYS made it right.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
But did you get TP?

FarmerTan

But did you get TP?
My other nabor bought a CASE, a gross I think, of the kind of TP in a stall in a rest room. You know, the kind that is a single ply and is about as big around as a basketball!

I pick on my lovely War Department, but if we get down to less than 24 rolls of Scott tissue.....well, she calls 911!

As a matter of fact, I KNOW that we had more than 48 rolls when this all started.

I should have stood out by the road and sold it in March, lol. I'd be living in Hawaii right now!

The only thing that I’m picky about is peanut butter. It has to be JIF peanut butter or nothing. Growing up I can remember if the wind was right I could smell when the plant that makes it was roasting the peanuts

Top Bottom