What's new

Cult of Palmolive

I only have 100 Palmolive sticks. Do I qualify for the cult? :wink2:

I love the stuff. I am a Speick fan, too, and have pondered milling the two together: pine fougere from Palmolive and lavender chypre from Speick; slightly medicinal and wonderfully earthy rich...should be great! Either way, the lather will be incredible.

Regardless, I hope to use Palmolive often until the day I die...and preferably thereafter.

And I thought I was nuts with 14 :lol:

getting dangerously low on both. must get more asap.

See, you need to learn from Tboner & myself - don't take chances! Besides, they may reformulate it into total crap and you need a good stash just in case. :yesnod:

I'm very new to shaving with brush and soap, and picked up one of these Palmolive "gut" sticks in Superdrug for 75p not knowing whether it was a good choice or not.
I was very pleased to see this thread and realise that it was​ a fine choice and then even more pleased to get a lovely shave from it later...

I have four on order , I am hoping they will be in tomorrow and in time for tomorrow's shave.. I am really looking forward to experiencing the legendary Palmolive stick !!

Euro Palmolive is a magic soap.
Loads and lathers quickly and easily and provides a slick protective lather.
Not sure how to describe the scent but to me it smells like a good shave.

my face burns like hell after using the palmo stick. i will throw it away...
Really? I have used it for a few days now, and it is much more neutral than my regular soap (De Vergulde Hand). Besides, it is ridiculously inexpensive at EUR 1,20 per tube.

I'm very new to shaving with brush and soap, and picked up one of these Palmolive "gut" sticks in Superdrug for 75p not knowing whether it was a good choice or not.
I was very pleased to see this thread and realise that it was​ a fine choice and then even more pleased to get a lovely shave from it later...

At 75p you've been ripped-off. 50p at Tesco and 49p at Asda :w00t:

Used it this morning. Damn. That lather is good.

Do I wish it were not artificially dyed? Yes. Do I wish it smelled like lavender EO? Yes.

Have I ever come across a soap that met those two criteria but lathered like Palmolive? No.*

*Caveat: I can't use anything with shea or lanolin, or I might answer this question differently, given what I read about some of the artisan products.

And I thought I was nuts with 14 :lol:

See, you need to learn from Tboner & myself - don't take chances! Besides, they may reformulate it into total crap and you need a good stash just in case. :yesnod:

You are nuts - keeping only 14 on hand? If reformulation occurs, I could use a stick a month and be good to go for almost a decade! Doesn't sound so crazy now, does it?:001_tongu:lol:

You are nuts - keeping only 14 on hand? If reformulation occurs, I could use a stick a month and be good to go for almost a decade! Doesn't sound so crazy now, does it?:001_tongu:lol:

I was wondering how long a Palmolive stick lasts. Is a month typical? I don't use any product long enough exclusively to get a sense.

Dave

I agree it will last more than a month, closer to two. So, scratch my earlier statement. Two decades. Two decades of shave greatness! Just sayin'.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
my face burns like hell after using the palmo stick. i will throw it away...
Please reconsider- I didn't care for Arko one bit, but someone here wanted to try it. Yeah, the $2 spent on postage was more than Arko costs, but I don't like waste.

Palmolive is not locally available here, but I got a tube of classic cream once, and felt in love - found two more tubes of the cream. I think I have to buy more online, and question is about the Palmolive stick - is it better/worse than the Palmolive cream? Sure I know YMMV, but I need just know how you find the difference. Thank for your thoughts.

Palmolive is not locally available here, but I got a tube of classic cream once, and felt in love - found two more tubes of the cream. I think I have to buy more online, and question is about the Palmolive stick - is it better/worse than the Palmolive cream? Sure I know YMMV, but I need just know how you find the difference. Thank for your thoughts.

The Palmolive stick is equally if not more awesome and explodes with lather. It has a great scent with an extra spicy note which the cream doesn't have and in the UK it sells for 50p!

Prices for the stick in most eurozone countries range between €0, 80 and €1, 30.

I think that the stick creates a slicker lather indeed.

The Palmolive stick is equally if not more awesome and explodes with lather. It has a great scent with an extra spicy note which the cream doesn't have and in the UK it sells for 50p!
Extra spicy note?? I already love it :))) thanks, will definitely get it!

Just got 2 sticks in the mail, looking forward to trying it. It's gonna take something special to outperform a stick of Arko!

Forgot to add, got off Amazon $6 for 2sticks with shipping. If it performs anywhere near the hype, it's still a great deal at US costs

Bump. Palmolive is a great soap at a great price.

Mods, maybe this should be on the Clubs and Brotherhoods board?

Top Bottom