What's new

Cult of Arko

Can I join the Cult? When I recieved my first stick of Arko last week I hated the smell. Once I put it into a container it toned down. Once lathered OMG, smelled like lemon Ivory soap! I prefer tallow vs veg and my first shave made me a believer. Pairs super with 4711 EDC. Performance was great at a 10th of the cost of my other cheaper soaps. Lather it before you make a decision about the smell. I was about throw it out, glad I didn't!
20190220_115429.jpg

welcome to the cult of Arko, you will find alot of people here that are amazed at the performance and the cost and just how high quality the soap really is.

I have tried the stick, to me it's a little more cumbersome then using the tub, but as long as you are using Arko, you will be in good shape!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 2-24-19
Pre: Hot cloth
Soap: Arko
Razor: Gillette ball end gold NEW Long Comb
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Haircut and Shave Co. Tuxedo Synth
Post: Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0003 - Edited (1).jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 03-09-19
Pre: Castle Forbes Pre Shave - Unscented​
Soap: Arko​
Razor / Blade: Maggard slant - WCS 110s handle / Shark SS (3)​
Brush:Mr PB24BA-04 Pure Badger​

DSCF0028 - Edited.jpg

7F390CCE-66B4-42A1-9F5F-0D82F155543B.jpeg
EE17B8BF-7646-4919-A6A5-69B9BD3B897B.jpeg
63E57A2F-82A1-40B3-83C8-8F6ADED43B44.jpeg

Been using my Arko all month, great soap! I have a feeling that I will always have a puck of this. I thought about taking it out of the container and putting it into a mug. However since it takes up no shelf space what’s the advantage?

Maybe for my next puck we will have to see!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 03-18-19
Pre: Pears soap
Razor / Blade: Parker Variant adjustable level 3 /Derby Extra (2)
Brush: Yaqi R1605-S Resin tuxedo synth

DSCF0051 - Edited (1).jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 03-17-19
Pre: Pears soap
Razor / Blade: Pearl SSH-01 OC gold /Derby Extra (2)
Brush: Yaqi Black Marble Handle tuxedo synth

DSCF0053 - Edited (1).jpg

I’m going to do a collection of photos from this week of my shaves with Arko. Being in the fixed four has really helped me stick with it.

Although I have to admit it was love at first lather with the puck of Arko!

So tomorrow morning was supposed to be the big day for my first col conk shave, but curiosity killed the cat. I decided to do a night shave with the arko instead.

My first lathering attempt failed terribly, i loaded the brush on the top of the stick for 30 seconds and then bowl lathered. The lather immediately collapsed, so i proceeded to do my first face lather ever, and boy was i blown away!!! Who could think that 20 seconds of running a shave stick across your face could produce so much lather!!!! I was absolutely shocked!!!! Even after one shave, i can easily see this becoming an every day soap for me, and im truly falling in love with everything about arko, the price, lather, slickness and even the smell. At first i thought it had a sort of fanta grape smell, but after removing the top section of wrapper, i smelt quite a bit of lemon and citronella, quite a pleasant smelling soap!

Lather10/10: my first attempt wont be counted towards the score, i was using it in the incorrect way so thats totally my fault. I can easily see a stick lasting months and Jimmy very very kindly sent two of them!!! Very very slick, with great residual slickness too.

Scent 6/10: this is a very nice smelling soap in my opinion, but because ive seen many people say it isnt the best smelling I'll mark it down a little. I love the arko smell, but if you fall under the category of people who arent a huge fan of the scent, it isnt too overpowering and you either love the scent or just like it, i cant see many people hating it.

Price10/10, one of the best priced options out there! And because its so long lasting i cant see myself using more than 1 or a maximum of two a year with every day use.

Skincare: 7/10: pretty decent skincare, on par with most good shaving soaps.

Availability: 5/10: in South Africa, our main supplier for this soap is RVT, who have a very affordable price for this shave stick indeed! It would be nice however to see more vendors, especially chain stores like dischem or clicks stock this soap.

Overall i rate this shave stick very very very highly, and thanks a ton to Jimmy for sending me two of them to try!!!

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

I suppose it could be the same formula tn two different forms. What I like is the ability to smush the puck into the bottom of a mug or bowl for better lather making.
I face lather with the sticks, but when they're too short ill bowl lather them. Shave sticks are the only soaps i face lather

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 04-16-19
Castle Forbes Pre Shave - Unscented
Arko
Putali Ltd. Slant Bar Razor
Nacet (2)
Haircut and Shave Co. barber pole tuxedo synth
Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0167 - Edited.jpg

Top Bottom