What's new

Cult of Arko

Just read a thread where several posters were complaining about the scent of Arko.

My reaction; I was stimulated to go shave with Arko. My only shave soap. Off to shaving right now.

If Arko was the only shaving soap available I would still love it. It just works so well. Absolutely the best shaving soap.

Sometimes when I think about Arko I swear I can smell it.
It was the first shaving soap I tused and has now become the smell of shaving to me.

I hereby petition for entry into the COA.

I'm a total Arko fan. I went to a meet last weekend and came back with 18 soap samples, I don't really know why as I'm totally happy with Arko.

But to the point; when trying out samples I just plaster a bit on top of my Arko stick. After several sample shaves I break back through to the Arko, a few days of mixed soaps results at which point the performance usually improves, then I get to pure Arko and really get a good comparison. Really a good way to try samples without getting away from Arko for too long.

I love my Arko stick. It's one of my favorites. I used it today as a matter of fact.
It paired nicely with my Eversharp Schick (i1) with a Chick (4).

So count me in . . .

FDACFBA6-CE4B-4CCA-A686-6E00A0AC1AE6.jpeg
Can I join this brotherhood? Unpacked it tonight and I’m going to use it tomorrow! I got turned onto it from a co worker who gave me a chunk from his stick. I feel in love with it the first time I used it.

Here’s my planned maiden voyage

Once I burn through my proraso red, I’ll be taking a break from the Proraso products and using just Arko and or my puck of razo rock American barber

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I mushed some Arko shave soap into a bowl that I use to work up a great lather with a tiny vintage Kent K31 boar brush.

DSCF1111 - Edited.jpg

I'd have to say that Arko and Williams are tied for my #1 soap of choice. I've been using Arko for a little over a year now, alternating with Williams, and I'll probably never buy another scented soap again (probably).
I love how easy it is to lather, and its performance is outstanding.

This is one of my SOTD pics from last year's Arko August - thought i'd repost it here, as it's one of my favorite shaving pics that I've taking since I got into all this.
proxy.php

CDF82FAC-2AFB-4BA8-A260-237D0F6F53AC.jpeg
E88D749B-B90A-4624-89C6-78108769A6D9.jpeg

The past couple days have been all Arko! What’s crazy is that this soap shows zero signs of use on the puck. It’s like it’s brand new! I’ll be able to use this puck for two years I swear!

I’m a huge fan of Arko and for the price it’s one of the best deals out there.

I got my first Arko from a bay seller as a gift (bless you Billy I hope you get well soon).

I've got poraso but I keep coming back to Arko for some unknown reason. Perhaps its so cheap that I keep trying to find ways to test if and when it'll fail.
IMG_20190216_124035.jpg

After 2 months I've given up and now I'm trying to get more.

So far the best deal I can find is on the bay 5 sticks for $11 and free shipping.

I'm in Singapore so I have to factor shipping to get the best deal.

If anyone knows of a better deal I'll be very grateful for any info.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 2-16-19
Pre-shave: Hot wash cloth
Soap: Arko
Razor: Schone gold open comb
Blade: Derby Extra (2)
Brush: Haircut and Shave Co. tuxedo synthetic
After-shave: Ogallala Bay Rum

DSCF0007 - Edited (1).jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Arko never fails to create a rich lather -- especially in my glass salsa bowl with its pebbled interior.

DSCF0002 - Edited (1).jpg

Top Bottom