What's new

Cuir Ottoman

Tried a sample of Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire today and really thought this was a nice Leather fragrance. Luckyscent has a wonderful way with their descriptions and this one is right on, anything that has "dirt and sensuality" is ok in my book:

The Scoop
Cuir Ottoman, inspired by 'the erotism and the mystery of the East', is a leather perfume extraordinaire, forceful, elegant and extremely sensual. The powerful impact of the leather is softened by a bright and sweet orris note and ornamented beautifully by jasmine, herbs and incense. A sweet, balsamic leitmotif is always present in the background, perfectly balancing the potent brutality of leather. The scent, which is slightly animalic, resinous and warm, does indeed evoke the Ottoman splendor, dirt and sensuality. Mysterious, alluring and full of character, Cuir Ottoman is one of our most favorite leather scents.

Worthy of a full bottle...

Last edited:
Tried a sample of Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire today and really thought this was a nice Leather fragrance. Luckyscent has a wonderful way with their descriptions and this one is right on, anything that has "dirt and sensuality" is ok in my book.

One must exercise caution reading those Lucky Scent writeups. They do a great job of making you want to buy...buy...buy..

This is one of the better leathers out there. I was on a leather hunt some months ago and sampled nearly everything under the sun. It wears a bit light for a leather IMO. I think it would be a great summer scent. Sort of a suede-ish leather. I prefer Royal English leather which I think shares some similarities with it, but Cuir Ottoman is definitely fantastic.

My current top 5 leathers:

1. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
2. Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie
3. Creed Royal English Leather
4. Helmut Lang Cuiron
5. Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne

Honorable mention definitely goes to: Cuir Ottoman, Knize Ten, and probably Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque.

This is one of the better leathers out there. I was on a leather hunt some months ago and sampled nearly everything under the sun. It wears a bit light for a leather IMO. I think it would be a great summer scent. Sort of a suede-ish leather. I prefer Royal English leather which I think shares some similarities with it, but Cuir Ottoman is definitely fantastic.

My current top 5 leathers:

1. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
2. Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie
3. Creed Royal English Leather
4. Helmut Lang Cuiron
5. Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne

Honorable mention definitely goes to: Cuir Ottoman, Knize Ten, and probably Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque.

Nice Top 5 tehtimmeh, leather has always been one of my favorite accords, ever try Kolnisch Juchten? This is a smoky campfire type of German leather that is only available from a small San Francisco boutique, one of a kind!

Nice Top 5 tehtimmeh, leather has always been one of my favorite accords, ever try Kolnisch Juchten? This is a smoky campfire type of German leather that is only available from a small San Francisco boutique, one of a kind!

I can't say that I have or have even heard of it. Sounds like further investigation is in order!

Top Bottom