What's new

Cufflinks.

Anyone here use cuff links regularly? I used to wear a bunch for work but not anymore.

Was going through the jewelry box and found this custom set my wife had made for our wedding. Thought everyone here would enjoy it.

6E056C86-5D5F-460B-8143-4ED63C64446A.jpeg

Nice cuff links. I'm not sure of your definition of regularly, but I wear them at least once a week or so.

I have my dad’s cufflinks. My favorite set is in a 50’s/60’s aerospace/aviation/automotive design style.

Hey, are those razors shave ready? :001_302:

That is a really nice gift idea by your wife. She is real gift, I’m sure. I did enjoy seeing those. Thanks for sharing.

I have a collection of both modern and vintage links (love the vintage). I simply don't own a dress shirt that is not french cuff, so if I have on a dress shirt, I have on cuff links. I think they add an addition touch of class.

EB1C6969-2BE9-42D0-A8CD-BC9408DA85D6.jpeg
I started end of last year to wear cuff links regularly 4-5 times a week. I like it, it is a slightly hidden way to differentiate in style from others. Therefore I prefer to buy vintage cuff links flea markets. Like this one today from early 1970 from Iceland or Greenland. Some kind of bone.

No, but I remember when dress shirts required them. My father wore them until dress shirt appeared with button cuffs.

I'm told musicians in concert orchestras still wear them as part of formal attire, but have no confirmation of that.

I don't wear them regularly, but I do use them whenever I need to dress up. I have gotten some great ones from various artisans on Etsy.

Those are very nice.

I wear cufflinks a few times a week. I find the French cuff shirts more comfortable.

I used to love French cuff shirts, but have not owned one in years. I still have cuff links that were mine as well as several that belonged to my uncle. Perhaps this discussion will entice me to look for another nice shirt that will allow me to use them.

When my Godfather passed, I was gifted his gold links, as they were monogrammed and we shared the same initials. I no longer have a need for French cuff shirts, but I still have the links, and wore them on my wedding day.

I don't wear them often, but I do have a small collection (modern and vintage). I often pick up a pair or two when I am at antique stores looking for razors.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I am certainly a fan, and wear them often ... several times a week usually. I do much prefer the "fixed back" version to the toggle-back style, though.

...custom set my wife had made for our wedding. Thought everyone here would enjoy it.
Clever looking, thoughtful, and unique. She done good. :thumbup1:

I usually wear cuff links with suits. In recent years as more guys started wearing suits with skinny pants, jackets too tight to button, or trying hard to be clones of [insert random tech. billionaire name], I started wearing cuff links more often as talismans to ward off whatever the style affliction was they suffered from.

I wear cuff links often. I have some vintage and some modern. I have some RAF-related - roundels, crests, and medical branch badges - but I tend to wear vintage links more. I have several pairs of Stratton retractable chain links. Today I wore some 1950s German links that are unusual in that they close with a Prym snap.

Top Bottom