What's new

ctr Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Meet Member ctr

10658.jpg

@ctr has been a member of B&B since Sept 24th, 2008

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

Was searching for a particular Gillette razor and came across the website. Intrigued by reading the posts and drawn in by the company of gentlemen with similar interests. Appreciative of the manners and absence of foul language, negativity, and generally boorish behavior too often found and promoted on many other websites.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

Not quite out to pasture yet but likely working the final stretch before retirement as a Database Administrator.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

Virginia native. We are blessed with so many beautiful areas in the United States choosing one would be tough. Upper New England is wonderful. Ohio in the spring is spectacular. Nothing like the Colorado rockies at sunrise. Emerald Bay on Lake Tahoe. The view from Reddish Knob in Virginia on a clear day. There are countless beautiful places in our wonderful country.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Another tough choice. Ireland, England, Spain, or Switzerland would be excellent places. So too the Bahamas.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Country walks, occasional pipe smoking, music, and reading. I dabble in many other interests as well.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Bird hunting is an enjoyable past time providing deep satisfaction. Days afield working with dogs. Watching the natural talent of dogs and the joy they display working a field is soul stirring. Unfortunate shoulder injury likely has me on the bench from now on.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Cary Grant. Fascinating actor, incredible characters, charming man.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Travel more. There are so many beautiful places and peoples in the world. A lifetime is simply insufficient to see everything.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Reading the Bible cover to cover several times. A whole lot of wisdom in the bible.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Do what you can, for whom you can, whenever you can, because we will not pass this way again.

Distilled to slow down, laugh much, love as selflessly as possible.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

To help anyone in need at any time, and to have the wisdom to know the consequences of doing so.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

Squirrels seem to have so much fun don't they?

13. What kind of music do you like?

American Song Book, the Rat Pack, smooth jazz, and chamber music. Truly, I enjoy many varieties of music from the 1940's thru the 1970's. Even a few modern songs too.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

That is a tough one isn't it? Probably a western character as portrayed by John Wayne, Tom Selleck, Sam Elliott, or Robert Duvall.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

Living and Loving.

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Brilliant interview if you want to live in bring a coat even in the summer time and thank you for letting us get to know you a bit better.

Reactions: ctr
@ctr Thank you for taking the time to provide us some insight. Great interview!
Totally agree with you on Emerald Bay! It's just the hair pin curves, at that elevation, that gives me white knuckles.
emerald-bay-360998_1920.jpg

Top Bottom