What's new

Crusty Old Type - $4 find

Congrats on a great score! You did a really nice job on the cleanup, enjoy!
There's still some green in the teeth so at some point I'll give it a scrubbing bubbles bath and get the toothpick and or qtips after it. Then a nice alcohol bath and it will be ready. In the meantime I have a bunch of soap samples that I'd rather get through first so it'll be a couple of weeks before I get around to it.

Really nice score.

I just lucked into a misidentified US Military Kit from 1917 this week. Just got the softest BBS shave I’ve ever had.

I’m keeping my cracked handle and searching for an alternative to shave with. For my second shave, tried the Halo handle from my Game Changer and it fit like a glove. Got a terrific second shave, but think I prefer the lighter original feel.

I might get the Razor Emporium replica handle as it weighs the same. Not an exact replica but really close.

Great find.

:a14:As to the use of a later Tech handle, so what? I wanted a NEW SC for cheap and found a cap and base for $3 and paired it with my Tech handle that I got for $2. :a29:

Great find.

:a14:As to the use of a later Tech handle, so what? I wanted a NEW SC for cheap and found a cap and base for $3 and paired it with my Tech handle that I got for $2. :a29:

I think I like the tech handle - compared to my goodwill handle, it's definitely solid and I like the weight. It's a fairly good match ascetically as well. Oddly enough, the Goodwill handle did not fit this Old head.

I think I like the tech handle - compared to my goodwill handle, it's definitely solid and I like the weight. It's a fairly good match ascetically as well. Oddly enough, the Goodwill handle did not fit this Old head.
Yes, the base on my NEW SC would not allow a regular ball end to be used either.

Top Bottom