What's new

Crown Shaving Cream - Review

Got my hands on a sample of Crown. Tried it out using my EJ89 with a new AstraSP, AOS pre-shave oil, and a new Razorock Big Bruce Synthetic Brush.

Crown lathered up easily, lots of peaks, had to add a little water, typical for synthetics, lather kept building and looked real good, lots of peaks. Cream has a slight minty scent.
But how would it shave.
Great! Lot of slickness, cushion and moisturizing. I thoroughly enjoyed using this cream.
Created tons of lather, although I did a 2 pass wtg, xtg, had enough for probably 4 passes.
Post shave, used Osma and no stings. No weepers. nicks. irritation. I got a BBS with 2 pass, and skin felt moisturized all day.
I really like this cream.

Potential issue; not everyone will like the minty scent, but it disappears quickly and won't clash.
Big issue; the price. Looks like a tub goes for $24. There are alot of creams and soaps that are alot less expensive.
Overall: Get a sample, well worth a try.

I just finished up a tub of Crown and thought it was a great product. It was the first tub of shaving cream that I purchased (in 2015) and it lasted a long while. The $26 tub is for 8 oz., so the pricing isn't too out of line. The ingredients are first rate. I think that Crown's products are great - in fact the only product that I use every day is their pre-shave gel.

Bob

I just finished up a tub of Crown and thought it was a great product. It was the first tub of shaving cream that I purchased (in 2015) and it lasted a long while. The $26 tub is for 8 oz., so the pricing isn't too out of line. The ingredients are first rate. I think that Crown's products are great - in fact the only product that I use every day is their pre-shave gel.

Bob
Bob, where did you see it for 8oz?
I checked various sites, Italian Barber, Westcoast shaving,Smallflower etc.. they show $24-26 for a 4 oz. The 8oz is over $30. Although there is one listed on Amazon for 8oz, I wonder if it is a mistake. Have to be careful when purchasing items on Amazon, never heard of the company that is offering it for that price.

Thanks Bob. Never thought to look at their site. Just figured the online retailers would have better prices. :001_rolle

Top Bottom