What's new

Crown and Crane soaps and balms?

Would anyone know how well Crown and Crane balms and soaps perform and smell? I'm especially interested in the balms. Thanks.

I have 3 of their soaps and 2 of their balms. I own Tobacco Leaf and Amber, Cognac & Cubans and Thuringian Forest soaps.
I love the soaps. They are easy to lather and scent strength is good, not overwhelming.
Unfortunately Cognac and Cubans is not a scent true to it’s name IMHO. Tobacco Leaf and Amber is fabulous with matching balm. Same for Thuringian Forest. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy.

Crowne and Crane soaps are one of the top performers in my den. Tobacco Leaf and Amber is probably the best scent in a soap I've ever shaved with. I've been searching for a scent to knock Calani Malabar off the throne and this is right up there. Easily one of my top 3 artisans. Their balms are top notch too. I have no idea why they aren't talked about more in the forums. The 5 oz jars sell for only 16.95 and the Balm 11.95 for the 4 oz are a steal IMHO.

Crowne & Crane to me is somewhat of a hidden gem, they are rarely reviewed and talked about in the forums and on Youtube. I find them to be one of the best soaps on the market in my opinion. They all perform so well and the scents I own (Cognac & Cubans, Tobacco Leaf & Amber, Perfect Man, Tobacco Caramel) are all excellent and have a great projection. If you are on the fence about them, I would highly suggest them, you shouldn't be disappointed.

I'll have to check the powder out too. While looking, I noticed there was a Tabacco Vanilla scent also. They said it's based off Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille cologne, which I love. Would you know how the Tobacco Amber is compared to the Tobacco Amber?

I have tried the Tobacco Vanilla also, it smells great in it's own right, nothing like the Tobacco & Amber, but a great take on the Tom Ford scent indeed. Think more of Stirling Haverford, but not quite that.

I'll have to check the powder out too. While looking, I noticed there was a Tabacco Vanilla scent also. They said it's based off Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille cologne, which I love. Would you know how the Tobacco Amber is compared to the Tobacco Amber?
To my nose Tobacco Leaf and Amber scent is like real tobacco curing in a barn like you would find in Tennessee or Kentucky but YMMV

Love Crown & Crane! Have the whole set of Deep Ellum and it is a fantastic Royal Citrus scent that is complex and classy. Both Jamacian Peppercorn as well as Thungurstan (spelling?) Forrest are both unique and well blended.

Their balms are on the thick side so a little goes a long way and you are not paying for water that's for damn sure.

The body powder has a strong scent and comes in a cool container. All around quality products highly recommended!

I have tried the Tobacco Vanilla also, it smells great in its own right, nothing like the Tobacco & Amber, but a great take on the Tom Ford scent indeed. Think more of Stirling Haverford, but not quite that.
So you still like Stirling Haverford more than Crowne & Crane's version? I'm a big fan of Haverford.

Had a wonderful shave this afternoon with C&C Jamaican Peppercorn Vegan Formula. Whips up a thick lather with ease and the scents i have tried from C&C have been unique and not copy cat scents. Very good stuff that is highly underrated IMO.

So you still like Stirling Haverford more than Crowne & Crane's version? I'm a big fan of Haverford.
Honestly to me they aren't all that much of the same scent. I actually love both of them for their own differences. If you haven't tried any Crowne & Crane offerings, including Tobacco & Vanilla, I highly recommend that you do so, it's great stuff!!

Honestly to me they aren't all that much of the same scent. I actually love both of them for their own differences. If you haven't tried any Crowne & Crane offerings, including Tobacco & Vanilla, I highly recommend that you do so, it's great stuff!!
I've tried their Cognac & Cubans and I enjoyed that. Their tobacco scents are always sold out in the jar versions so they must be pretty good. I didn't want two of the same scents so that's why I wanted to try their Tobacco Leaf and Amber. But maybe I should try their Tobacco Vanilla since I love Haverford.

Their shaving soaps perform very well and for the price, it's a no-brainer. Easily outperforms or is on par with the best of them. Highly recommend soap provider.

Top Bottom