What's new

Croma Diamant?

I did not like them.

They felt very similar to other German blades. Somewhere between a Merkur and a Wilkinson is the way I feel about them.

They drag across my face.

If you like Merkurs, you'll love Chromas!

Interesting. I've come to enjoy both Timor and Souplex, which are also German. My hope was that the Cromas might be similar to those, but at a lower price point.
Thanks,
-- Chet

I didn't care for Cromas too much myself, but thought they were sharp if a little rough at times. Member "dridiot" can set you up with a sample pack of those and others if you're interested.

I did try the Croma's from the former GDR company Feintechnik Eisfeld but am not very impressed. As long as I don't want to get the perfect shave they are usable, but that is about it. When I compare them to other german blades the ranking would be like this;

1. Souplex

2. a lot of open space

3. Merkur
4. Timor
5. Croma Diamant

6. a lot of open space

7. Rotbart Extra Dünn (german, not russian ones)

Hope this helps,
Harrie

croma100pack.jpg
Yes, I'm lighting a fire under this dormant pit on account of finally deciding to pick up a 100-pack of these, but only after dallying with individual five-packs for the better part of a year. I will say these blades are a tad quirky – they start of feeling like they won't do all that amazing a job, but after that third pass, it's all great, at least for me. More important, this experience has been consistent, blade-to-blade, which is something I can't say for the majority of blade packs I've gone through.

View attachment 975342 Yes, I'm lighting a fire under this dormant pit on account of finally deciding to pick up a 100-pack of these, but only after dallying with individual five-packs for the better part of a year. I will say these blades are a tad quirky – they start of feeling like they won't do all that amazing a job, but after that third pass, it's all great, at least for me. More important, this experience has been consistent, blade-to-blade, which is something I can't say for the majority of blade packs I've gone through.

Hmmm... your description is similar to my experience with my Bolzanos: they're just a bit rough out of the wrapper, but once they settle in they're smooth as buttermilk, long-lived, and consistently so. This interests me, because they are both made by Feintechnik. I've never tried the Cromas. How much did the 100-pack cost you?

Hmmm... your description is similar to my experience with my Bolzanos: they're just a bit rough out of the wrapper, but once they settle in they're smooth as buttermilk, long-lived, and consistently so. This interests me, because they are both made by Feintechnik. I've never tried the Cromas. How much did the 100-pack cost you?

Pasteur gets $1.50 per five-pack, and there wasn't a break for getting a whole box of 'em, so I wouldn't call these bargain-basement priced. But for the convenience of a quick brick-n-mortar pickup (as well as supporting the folks in the shop, who are quite pleasant to work with), I can deal.

Top Bottom