What's new

Croaps vs. Cream - how to tell what is what

@LRod

TOBS also makes shaving soaps as well. Maybe not for all their line of scents, but I have the Sandalwood soap which I love.

For me, when I got into DE shaving 10 years ago, I seen shaving bowls and they were all expensive. I said to myself, why would I pay more for a shaving bowl than I would for a cerial/soup bowl ? Seems rather pointless. Thanks to Youtube videos, I now know why a shaving bowl is needed.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@LRod

TOBS also makes shaving soaps as well. Maybe not for all their line of scents, but I have the Sandalwood soap which I love.

For me, when I got into DE shaving 10 years ago, I seen shaving bowls and they were all expensive. I said to myself, why would I pay more for a shaving bowl than I would for a cerial/soup bowl ? Seems rather pointless. Thanks to Youtube videos, I now know why a shaving bowl is needed.
I ordered a shaving bowl with my first order, along with my razor... but I hadn't shopped for them. Just bought the one I liked from ESC. It's lovely.... but if I was looking for my first one and know what I know now, I might have chosen a different one. I've had my eye on the Captain' Choice aquamarine for a while now.... but I can't pull the trigger because my Stef Baxter bowl works perfectly... maybe next year for my birthday... Our son already got me a great toiletry bag for this upcoming birthday. If someone else buys it for me.. I won't feel guilty. ;)

Interesting stuff, where I am new to DE shaving within the past month I didn't think a shaving bowl was necessary either and figured it was more for show then anything else. I have been using a cheap $1 bowl I got at the dollar store and I must say it's done a great job with lather but I bought one that is a little rougher texture on the inside so it's not slick like most ceramics. I also like how it's a little bigger size then most shaving bowls I see for sale so the lather stays in the bowl easier.

That said, with these reviews I may start looking into a proper shave bowl next time I order something. And so far with the single cream I've used the Proraso green tube I haven't even needed an almond size dab. Probably close to a peanut size dab and I still have leftover sometimes. Maybe it looks like less then it actually is though, either way I am very happy with the outcome.

Top Bottom