What's new

Croap

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have used cream and I have used soap, I have never used a true croap. What are some of y'alls favorites?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Does the consistency and performance of soap vary according to climate? I occasionally use Cella and do so in an unheated room in the UK; I prefer cold water shaves. Cella seems quite firm to me, not Tabac triple milled firm, but not soft enough for me to differentiate it into a separate category of croap. If I recall correctly from last summer my Cella softened quite a bit when left on the window sill but my MWF and Tabac did not. I assumed it was because of the flimsy plastic Cella tub compared to the porcelain MWF / Tabac tub but perhaps it was due to the properties of the contents. Anyway, to answer the OP, if Cella is a croap then it is my favourite 😀

Definitely Il Coloniali Mango. It's among top three soaps/croaps I've ever used. It saddens me that it's discontinued. I've only got one left.

Croap is really a term for a soft soap like Cella or Proraso. There is soap and there is cream. Go with the recommended soaps.

Difficult I would say you have got bricks of soap and cream in a tube and in between you have croap which pretty much makes everything I use (stirling, razorock, tobs, scheermonnik) a croap.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Cella has been on the market since 1899 and it's just superb under every aspect. Their latest Extra Extra Bio line is even better IMHO.

Proraso is an authentique classic, too. In this case try to get the upgraded Super Formula version, just released at the end of the last year. And although all colours work well, the Red is the best performing for me.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I lather creams on top of a puck of Williams. Does that count as a croap? The puck elevates the bottom of my bowl so my brush handle doesn’t ring against the rim. I hate the sound of bells in the morning.

Top Bottom