What's new

Critter Pics.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Anyone have some pictures of critters?

My camera is not a high end one, and it was starting to get dark, but here's one of a deer out behind my backyard fence to the back pasture a bit ago. They bed down there quite a bit at night.

IMG_0004 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'll have to try to dig some up. We have had deer and turkey in our back yard.

Sent via Tapatalk

Turkeys are getting out a bit this year; saw a few on the side of the road pecking the grass but no pics. while driving.

Armadillos are easy...I'll get some pics. next time they are out...like tomorrow. A couple of them live under the house.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
from wetland this morning...

View attachment 864603

Oh that is a nice looking collage. What kind of camera do you have?

There are a ton of herons, egrets, turtles, frogs, etc. that hang around my pond all the time. I should take some pictures of them but haven't since they are so common...and I'm anything but a photographer.

Here's a snapshot of Blaze, my racing 'possum. He just got through with his weightlifting program of bench pressing the log, and is now getting his protein. He should be ready for the races in about another month.

img_0018-jpg.764009

Oh that is a nice looking collage. What kind of camera do you have?

There are a ton of herons, egrets, turtles, frogs, etc. that hang around my pond all the time. I should take some pictures of them but haven't since they are so common...and I'm anything but a photographer.

Here's a snapshot of Blaze, my racing 'possum. He just got through with his weightlifting program of bench pressing the log, and is now getting his protein. He should be ready for the races in about another month.

img_0018-jpg.764009

Whoa! Pet possum!
He’s even posing!
Looks like you’re doing fine with your camera.

My shots came out of a fancy rig, Nikon d500 with 200-500 zoom.
Actually prepping for Alaska in a couple weeks.

I live in the center of a city of ~500k yet at the end of my street i can hop on the Bruce Trail which is a 900k hiking trail. We get deer, raccoons, possum, big dead on the other day in front on my next door neighbours, rabbits, have seen a coyote and fox at night.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender[2].jpg
FullSizeRender[2] (2).jpg
FullSizeRender[2] (2).jpg
FullSizeRender[2].jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
file-6.jpeg

dave

So here's a few from late last year, haven't been out with the camera for a while, so no recent pics I'm afraid!

squ3.JPG

squirrel3.JPG

Some bug pics, not real macro as they were taken with a 300mm lens with 1.4x converter.

fly.JPG

bee5.JPG

bee10.JPG

bee30.JPG

bee32.JPG

bee47.JPG

bee35.JPG

bee43.JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I think I may have put Blaze in a bit early...he came in third in his race today.

He's not a happy camper.

possum2.jpg

Blaze looks royally ticked, not a happy camper!

Great image Mike, i'd be out of there in a hurry.

dave

Great Pics! I've never seen an armadillo in real life, they always look so crazy and almost fake to me. Love the pics of Blaze too!

Here's a squirrel that was in my tree when I came home today.
P1000813 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
What a great seal pic...Love those puppy dog eyes.

I bet he could take a finger off if he bit.

Top Bottom