What's new

Critter Pics.

20190603_081824.jpg

A nocturnal visitor who left some tracks behind..

Any guesses nimrods?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Lordy, Lordy.

Anyone want a half wild kitten? They are good mousers and snake killers.

DSC_0010 (2).JPG

Ran across the road in front of me.last night and laid down in the grass on the shoulder.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ran across the road in front of me.last night and laid down in the grass on the shoulder.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh that is a cute little baby. I haven't seen a fawn out here yet this year.

Frog!

Itty bitty one on the window screen. It better get under cover before a bird gets it.

DSC_0005.JPG

Cool tree frog Mike!
While were on the topic of frogs and toads Here's another tiny little one Northern Cricket Frog.
P1100275(rc1rs).jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Cool tree frog Mike!
While were on the topic of frogs and toads Here's another tiny little one Northern Cricket Frog.
View attachment 987919

Used to see the tree frogs all the time in the Yucatan. They would get in under the gap at the bottom of the door and you'd find them crawling up the walls.

Why is that frog called a Northern Cricket Frog, because it eats crickets? Looks like a toad.

Great pic., by the way.

Last edited:
Used to see the tree frogs all the time in the Yucatan. They would get in under the gap at the bottom of the door and you'd find them crawling up the walls.

Why is that frog called a Northern Cricket Frog, because it eats crickets? Looks like a toad.

Great pic., by the way.
It's called a Cricket Frog because it sounds like a cricket. It is pretty warty like a toad, but it's actually a type of tree frog. A non arboreal one though, so it's a tree frog that doesn't live in trees. It lack the suction cup fee most tree frogs have, you can see little remnants of them though.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I found Waldo. About the center of the pic., but up a bit, under a leaf. Upper right from the hole looking thing.

Top Bottom