What's new

Critter Pics.

Thought I'd give this thread a little bump with a few pics from a recent trip to the Lake District over here.

Pheasant strolling about the woods where we were staying, definitely the most colourful one I've seen in person!

pheasants6.JPG

pheasants7.JPG

pheasants4.JPG

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have a few. It will take two posts.

Heres a Cow Moose and her twins in Prince Albert National Park, Saskatchewan.

Cow.JPG

Cow and calf.JPG

Calf.JPG

Teaching them to swim.

Cow moose and twins Prince Albert National Park_01.JPG

Cow moose and twins Prince Albert National Park_02.JPG

More surprising for me was seeing these on Waskesiu Lake in the same park. Pelicans, in northern Saskatchewan?

Pelicans, Northern Sask.JPG

Not a critter, but fitting.

Waskesiu Lake Sask.JPG

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I never knew Woodchucks climbed trees. I guess they do strange things in Saskatchewan... This guy was 20 feet up a tree east of Prince Albert Saskatchewan.

Woodchuck in a tree.JPG

This is the Great Horned Owl that would nod to us every morning as we walked by his tree going deer hunting outside Warner Alberta.

Great Horned Owl, Southern Alberta 1983.JPG

A small herd of Buffalo somewhere around Fort Qu'appelle Saskatchewan.

Buffallo, somewhere around Fort Qu'Appelle Sask.JPG

Two Whitetail bucks, in velvet, just off to the side of the motocross track in Regina Saskatchewan.

couple bucks by the track.JPG

The half tame fox that came around our Moose hunting camp two years in a row. Chuck, the guy pictured, started feeding it by hand and then it followed us around like a dog hunting mice while we hunted Moose lol.

Chuck and fox.JPG

moose hunt, fox.JPG

These Antelope we came across one day lost in Montana somewhere south of Great Falls. They just stood there while I took the first picture through the car window then ran. The second picture I took while standing in the sunroof of a friends Oldsmobile while he drove across the prairie. They can run 55mph, easy, and sailed over that fence like it wasnt even there.

Montana Antelope 1982.JPG

antelope montana.JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I never knew Woodchucks climbed trees. I guess they do strange things in Saskatchewan... This guy was 20 feet up a tree east of Prince Albert Saskatchewan.

View attachment 962391

This is the Great Horned Owl that would nod to us every morning as we walked by his tree going deer hunting outside Warner Alberta.

View attachment 962389

A small herd of Buffalo somewhere around Fort Qu'appelle Saskatchewan.

View attachment 962392

Two Whitetail bucks, in velvet, just off to the side of the motocross track in Regina Saskatchewan.

View attachment 962393

The half tame fox that came around our Moose hunting camp two years in a row. Chuck, the guy pictured, started feeding it by hand and then it followed us around like a dog hunting mice while we hunted Moose lol.

View attachment 962396

View attachment 962397

These Antelope we came across one day lost in Montana somewhere south of Great Falls. They just stood there while I took the first picture through the car window then ran. The second picture I took while standing in the sunroof of a friends Oldsmobile while he drove across the prairie. They can run 55mph, easy, and sailed over that fence like it wasnt even there.

View attachment 962402

View attachment 962399

Nice...very nice. The only thing like that around here is a fox, owls, and whitetails. There are buffalo, but not wild...pasture kept. Y'all have any longhorns?

A guy that works at a ranch a few miles from here started leasing my pasture and brought over a few horses yesterday.

The white one he said he's had 11 years and got it when it was 4 months old...a mustang from Oklahoma. SWMBO works for the Choctaw Nation and said they do a roundup of mustangs once a year.

The chestnut he said belonged to his Dad, but his Dad is about 90 and can't ride much anymore so his Dad gave it to him.

The shetland was also given to him and he asked if I wanted it. SWMBO said NO! She said knowing me I'd want to bring it in the house. :biggrin1:

Anyone want a free shetland? Just come and get it.

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Caught a few elk on the trail cam. After this I moved it away from the road junction and all the traffic, see what we get closer to the creek.
E730CEAA-FD92-447F-8F03-50F43F0670D6.jpeg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
These guys forgot to look both ways before crossing the road. I bet that tore up a car. Two less of the monsters, but there are probably 100 more getting ready to be born.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Bad pic. taken through a dirty kitchen window awhile ago, but you can tell what it is. Haven't seen one in quite awhile.

DSC_0017.JPG

Bad pic. taken through a dirty kitchen window awhile ago, but you can tell what it is. Haven't seen one in quite awhile.

View attachment 965422
Nice! I've seen a few around here the last two winters, all I had was a phone and wasn't even able to get a shot that you could tell what it was. Glad to see they're making a comeback in your neighborhood too!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

View attachment 965422

Bald Eagles seem to migrate through here. I've seen quite a few over the years. I've only ever seen one Golden Eagle though.

I heard the first flock of Swans go over at 2:30am the other morning so spring is here, even if it is snowing at the moment! lol

The last three summers theres been a Peregrine patrolling my neighborhood. They've been nesting in a building downtown for quite a few years now. I watched one last summer take a run at a Blue Jay sitting on the railing of my balcony. I guess they dont like Blue Jays either lol.

It's by no means a high end shot, but these guys run rampant all over the island. They are still fun to look at though, so I figured I'd post them here.
MVIMG_20190327_162522.jpg

I would also just like to take the time to say that all of these wildlife pictures are amazing and some of you have real talent when capturing them!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's by no means a high end shot, but these guys run rampant all over the island. They are still fun to look at though, so I figured I'd post them here.View attachment 967312

I would also just like to take the time to say that all of these wildlife pictures are amazing and some of you have real talent when capturing them!

A smorgasbord on the front lawn.

Plant some veggies and dig a pit. We'll all drop over haha.

Top Bottom