What's new

Critter Pics.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Friggin' little monsters.

proxy.php

Had my garage doors open most of yesterday. When I went into the garage late last night to put out the garbage, something started thumping. I had no lights on, couldn’t see anything. Figured if it was aggressive, it would make more noise and if not, would probably stay hidden. It stayed quiet, hidden, and I let it go to deal with it this morning.

Went down to the garage this morning in the light, and found a bird on a shelf next to my garage window. Moved some things around so I could get to it, grabbed it, brought it outside, and let it go. Turns out, I think, it was an American Woodcock. Very long thin beak. Very good flyer too after it was let go.

347C7D0E-EEA9-4B0A-88FA-9869709CD741.jpegD06B592E-A289-411C-AE77-BBA491776F42.jpeg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This little thing showed up a couple of days ago. Looks to be about 12 weeks old or so. Wild as hell.

We'll have to work on that.

When you live in the country you don't have to buy pets...people drop them off at your front gate.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Gee, it seems like now when I delete a pic. from the hosting site I use it deletes the copy I put on here. Didn't used to do that.

Anyways, Blaze, my racin' 'possum, seems to be getting a little chubby now that the weather is getting a bit cooler.

I may have to start spring training a bit earlier next year...and get rid of his punk rock hairdo.

You leave them on their own for a bit and they just go wild.

1639972968988.png

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Wait a minute...I didn't delete those pics. When I click on "reply" they show up in the reply section, but then vanish on regular view. What the hell is happening?

Friggin' little monsters.

proxy.php

1639973587127.png

This little thing showed up a couple of days ago. Looks to be about 12 weeks old or so. Wild as hell.

We'll have to work on that.

When you live in the country you don't have to buy pets...people drop them off at your front gate.

proxy.php

1639973627815.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Pretty kitty! That is a rare one, they say only about 1 in 3000 calicos are male.

That should have been such a safe bet!
Yeah, that's what I get for assuming he didn't know that fact. He must've seen evidence....

On an entirely different note, I was pretty accurate in sexing bantam chicks, back in the day... Not that you can make much money in that business outside of the Orient!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It's that time of year. There's another camera shy one that ran under the porch.

1649633658107.png

I flip over this rock every day and there's always an Eastern Worm Snake. This morning, there were three. Such cute little guys, they try to 'stab' you with their pointed little tails. 100% harmless

20220413_082133.jpg

On a heavily traveled road at work so lucky to get this cute little guy relocated. He was definitely ready for me! Very young, still the yellow tail from the amphibian catching phase and looked like it still had a digesting toad or frog in it's stomach. He struck a branch I was manipulating him with and man those are some sharp little fangs, get hung up on everything! first venomous of the year
20220505_082603.jpg
20220505_082851.jpg

On a heavily traveled road at work so lucky to get this cute little guy relocated. He was definitely ready for me! Very young, still the yellow tail from the amphibian catching phase and looked like it still had a digesting toad or frog in it's stomach. He struck a branch I was manipulating him with and man those are some sharp little fangs, get hung up on everything! first venomous of the yearView attachment 1451649View attachment 1451650
Whoa, that's a spicy little cutie! I know what those Hershey kisses mean. Great job thanks foe relocating!

Had my garage doors open most of yesterday. When I went into the garage late last night to put out the garbage, something started thumping. I had no lights on, couldn’t see anything. Figured if it was aggressive, it would make more noise and if not, would probably stay hidden. It stayed quiet, hidden, and I let it go to deal with it this morning.

Went down to the garage this morning in the light, and found a bird on a shelf next to my garage window. Moved some things around so I could get to it, grabbed it, brought it outside, and let it go. Turns out, I think, it was an American Woodcock. Very long thin beak. Very good flyer too after it was let go.

View attachment 1364794View attachment 1364795

View attachment 1364794View attachment 1364795
a male bird beak is as long or longer than a dollar bill is wide and the hen shorter than a dollar. There is a lot of fat like a duck, roasted the birds on a bed of rice or vegetables so that it is not sitting in the fat drippings , dressing is also a good choice

Top Bottom