What's new

Crisbee Cast Iron Seasoning

I have been using this for a while now and I really like it. I normally use Crisco on my pans but I think this works a lot better.
Anyone with cast iron might want to try it
http://www.crisbeepuck.com/

Attachments

• $2 (2).jpg
    $2 (2).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 131
  • $2 (1).jpg
    $2 (1).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 130
What do you like about this? I just got my first cast iron pan and I'm overwhelmed with the amount of information out there! Seems like the best option is to season it somehow, fry bacon in it as often as possible, and don't wash it with soap! :001_rolle

Like anything else, there's a lot of conflicting information, misinformation and people just repeating what they read or what they've been told out there on the intertubes. There are a lot of options that will work for seasoning. Frying bacon and chicken can help but so can cooking just about anything that doesn't harm the seasoning. Soap really isn't an issue for a properly seasoned cast iron pan.

Haven't heard of Crisbee but I'll have to look into it. I recently tried Sheryl Canter's method with a Wagner and didn't have much luck with it.

Last edited:
Here is a new Lodge and a large logo Griswold #8 after 2 coats of Crisbee. 10 people will have 10 different ways to season cast iron, just putting this way out there :thumbup1:

Attachments

• $n (1).jpg
    $n (1).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 99
  • $g.jpg
    $g.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 98
  • $DSC_0002.jpg
    $DSC_0002.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 99
  • $DSC_0006.jpg
    $DSC_0006.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 96
I'm using flaxeed oil because it polymerises and leaves a glass-like surface on my (forged) iron pans and carbon steel wok.
And when done, I drink the rest of it (not all at once, of course). It's also an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids.
Cheers! :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I've heard of it but never tried it, folks report good results. I use Crisco most of the time.

Top Bottom