What's new

Cremo

In thinking what would be the best (and easiest) shaving cream to get for my fiancé, i’m heavily considering cremo because its brushless, comes in a non-rustable tube and i’ve heard it doesn’t wash off easily with water (i.e. it’ll be good for shower shaving.) My question is whether the different scents have different formulas or are they all the same? Also any thoughts on whether it’d be a good shaving cream for her are appreciated!

I've had a few scents and never noticed any performance variation. I didn't get into comparing ingredients though.

Yes, I think it would be a good shaving cream for that usage, and they seem to be more or less interchangeable in terms of ingredients besides the fragrance. While it does contain some residual slickness, you can wash it off without much trouble, however.

Appreciate it thanks guys! Gave her some proraso initially but the can does NOT fare well in the shower. Rusted up in like 48 hrs. I figure cremo is better suited to the task anyway.

Appreciate it thanks guys! Gave her some proraso initially but the can does NOT fare well in the shower. Rusted up in like 48 hrs. I figure cremo is better suited to the task anyway.
Yes, but if one is not careful the razor blade will rust prematurely because of how sticky Cremo Cream, it takes more effort than a traditional soap to wash it off the razor and blade.

It must be a decade since I used the original scent Cremo, and while I liked it well enough for shower shaving I did not repurchase.

I tried the original scent Cremo last year, along with the Kiss My Face shaving cream, and I found that both of them were very hard to rinse out of the razor. They're slippery when shaving so they work pretty well, but they really clogged things up.

I recently had a tube of the Bigelow's shaving cream that's made by Proraso and I offered to let my wife try it. She said that I have several other shaving soaps and creams so she's keeping this one because she really likes it. :)
I wasn't thrilled with the eucalytus, so it's good that it found a "new home" with her.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Dr. Carvers, Cremo - all the non-lathering goops - these work best as lady-leg shower shaves.

Sticks on in the rain (as it were) and plenty slick.

AA

Cremo can be used as a brushless shave cream. However, I have found that it works even better if you add a little warm water and whip up a lather before applying it. It is an extremely slick product once it combines with water.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Cremo is certainly slick and should work great for your fiance.

I use a little as a pre-shave and will also occasionally add a dime or so sized dollop to the lathering bowl with whatever soap or cream I'm using that day to create a "super lather".

Like a nice, dense and ultra-slick shaving lather with merangue-like consistency? Make a batch of Cremogena - equal parts of Cremo and Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Cream (Cremogena). On their own, neither is particularly spectacular, but when combined, they produce the best performing bowl-lathering cream money can buy.

My wife has transitioned from cartridges and dove soap to a vintage Gillette blue star de razor and original Cremo.... she likes the feather, 7 0’clock green, and Bic DE blades.

Yesterday I was running late for work but needed to shave. I got my Gillette Slim Twist w/ Astra SP and grabbed the Cremo tube and started shaving. Not my ideal shave as I like to incorporate my shaving brushes. In the end, I had an excellent shave.

Cremo is one of the slickest creams out there and it beats some of the soaps as well. The residual slickness on this cream is ridiculous. One thing that people can easily mess up is putting on too much Cremo. Half of almond size will do the job and just massage it in with some water. When this cream gets goopy on the skin, it'll be a pain to wash off of the razor.

Before I got into soaps I used cremo. It preformed well. The main reason I stopped using it is because the bourbon scent irritated my skin. Awesome scent though.

Before I got into soaps I used cremo. It preformed well. The main reason I stopped using it is because the bourbon scent irritated my skin. Awesome scent though.

My wife got me a tube of bourbon scented Cremo for Christmas (not that I needed any more soaps or creams). I have not yet tried it but hope I do not get irritation. I am sensitive to some scents.

My wife got me a tube of bourbon scented Cremo for Christmas (not that I needed any more soaps or creams). I have not yet tried it but hope I do not get irritation. I am sensitive to some scents.

The reason I reacted to it is because of my eczema. Some fragrants I will react to and some I won't. TOBS Sandalwood soap, Proraso red and green, Stirling Barbershop, and M&M Trinity have all been really good on my skin. Razorock XXX made my skin irritate a little, but not too bad and Vikings Revolution shave soap really irritated my skin. Worse than Cremo.

The reason I reacted to it is because of my eczema. Some fragrants I will react to and some I won't. TOBS Sandalwood soap, Proraso red and green, Stirling Barbershop, and M&M Trinity have all been really good on my skin. Razorock XXX made my skin irritate a little, but not too bad and Vikings Revolution shave soap really irritated my skin. Worse than Cremo.

For me, the soaps that caused the greatest irritation were from The Sudsy Soapery. Many of their soaps had strong lemon, lime, grapefruit, and peppermint scents that just did not work for me. Clove and cinnamon are other spices that can cause issues for me. Everyone is different, however.

Top Bottom