What's new

Cremo Shave Stick

I just got back from a 4 day business trip in the SW region of the US. When I was unpacking in the hotel room the first morning out I noticed I had my razor and synthetic brush, but had forgotten to pack my shave cream. Curses! I stole a few moments and ducked into a nearby Wally World to grab something. I rarely go to Wally World and didnt know what I would find there. I was surprised to see they carried Cremo in a shave stick. I didnt know Cremo made a shave stick and didnt recall seeing any posts here about it. Curiosity got the best of me. They had a few flavors but I grabbed the cooling stick.

I never really cared for Cremo brushless cream. I can use it in a pinch but its mostly meh for me, so I wasnt expecting much from this stick, but I was just so delighted to actually see a shave stick in a B&M store...I mean....how could I pass it up? $7.00 later I was out the door.

The primary scent from the stick is peppermint, not strong, actually quite pleasent. It has a healthier cooling effect than I expected. Not on par with menthol heavy creams, but the cooling effect lasted throughout a 3 pass shave.

The instructions say to rub the stick on wet skin...yup...so far so good. It also says if you prefer a lather to rub the product with your fingers or a brush. Thats new! I only know of Cremo as brushless. I shaved three times with this stick, twice with a synthetic brush and once with just my fingers. It worked well both ways. The lather produced is a bit thin, but not bad, and slick as anything on the market.

Using a 24mm synthetic I would run the stick on my wet whiskers after a warm shower, build a lather with the brush, and had enough lather for at least 4-5 passes. More than enough and it did not dry out.

The shaves were great. Not life changing and this stick won't replace your favorite triple milled tallow based soap, but its a very effective product in my opinion. It also travels well, no problems with TSA. Post shave...well...typical cream I suppose...bring your favorite ASB during dry cold weather months.
cremo stick 1.JPG
cremo stick 2.JPG

Its going to remain in my DOPP kit for a while. The Cremo Stick is a keeper for me. They had 3 or 4 flavors at Wally World...I didnt pay a lot of attention to them but I'm sure if you go to the website you can see whats available.

Cheers!

I like it. I like Cremo but was never a huge fan of the non lathering stuff. I may have to pick up a stick of that and throw it in the dopp kit.

I like it. I like Cremo but was never a huge fan of the non lathering stuff. I may have to pick up a stick of that and throw it in the dopp kit.

The way I look at it, if its available locally why not give it a try? Its not a large investment. I much preferred this to the standard cream.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Whhhaaaatttt! :eek2: ✨:a14:

Gotta look for, carefully. Easily mistaken for deodorant, that. But a great idea on their part! Especially if it's a real soap.

Thanks for keeping a sharp eye. My Cremo brushless went to wife; those greasy oozes work well for lady-leg shaving in the shower.

AA

Whhhaaaatttt! :eek2: ✨:a14:

Gotta look for, carefully. Easily mistaken for deodorant, that. But a great idea on their part! Especially if it's a real soap.

Thanks for keeping a sharp eye. My Cremo brushless went to wife; those greasy oozes work well for lady-leg shaving in the shower.

AA

I do a fair amount of traveling, usually one or two night air trips where I only have a carry on bag. I’m always looking for travel friendly products that will easily pass through TSA. For shaving I usually just grab a cream and use it brushless, and a Gillette Guard. I have used many shave sticks over the years but they require a brush and I almost never bring a brush any longer. I like the Cremo stick because you can use a brush, but don’t have to. It’s TSA friendly, and no worries about a tube of cream breaking and leaking.

One thing I am curious to discover with the Cremo stick is how well it holds up to heat. Will it melt in my carryon bag if left in the back seat of a car during an afternoon meeting in Phoenix? Time will tell. I’m going to give this a shot for a while and see how it goes.

OP indicated Walmart, but it may not be in all of them ...

AA

Yes, I got it at Wal Mart a few days ago when I was a hip and a hop from the US Mexican border. Today I am a flip and a flop from the US Canadian border and noted the local WalMart didnt carry it. So it may be a bit hit n miss. I checked the Cremo website and its listed there in 4 different flavors.

$7.49@ Wallies they have 4 different scents. I did not buy it since I have a plethora of other sticks I like and need to use

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Mom I didn’t know about this one. Thank you for the report. I’m pretty much in the same clan for the Cremo brushless cream.

the main issue with Cremo is that we often try to lather it like a regular shaving cream. I guess the stick rotates around the same idea. I prefer having lather but I can see why some would love this product.

I’m wondering if the stick is a “dry” or “solidified” version of the shave cream...

Mom I didn’t know about this one. Thank you for the report. I’m pretty much in the same clan for the Cremo brushless cream.

the main issue with Cremo is that we often try to lather it like a regular shaving cream. I guess the stick rotates around the same idea. I prefer having lather but I can see why some would love this product.

I’m wondering if the stick is a “dry” or “solidified” version of the shave cream...

To me the stick feels quite a bit different than the cream and it does lather reasonably well. My son had an older tube of Cremo cream on hand so I took a pic of the ingredients...ugh...darn sideways image. There are some similarities, but more differences than I expected.

I should mention I'm impressed by the amount of menthol in the mint stick. After a few more uses it seems to have more of a kick. Like I said earlier, Cremo cream wasnt for me, but so far the stick is. I wouldnt say it can hang with the highest rated sticks in this forum, but it certainly works well for me. Its going to see regular travel duty. So far TSA hasn't given it a second glance.

Now I'm going to make a bold statement that is likely going to have many here cursing the day I was born. :eek2: Several months ago I started to 3017 a Palmolive stick. I didn't love it, but I certainly liked it well enough. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Palmolive sticks, especially at there price point. Having said all that....if I was on a desert island and had two choices...this mint Cremo stick or a Palmolive stick, I'd grab the Cremo. Thats my call and I'm sticking with it. YMMV and all that.

Cremo.JPG

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I like the cream, especially for travel, and will probably pick up a stick if i can find one at the local WallyWorld.

Top Bottom