What's new

Cremo Lathering Shave Cream?

I was perusing my local Target, and was reminded of the post a little while ago when someone mentioned Cremo made a Sandalwood scent. Not only did I find the standard tube in sandalwood, I found a "puck" or rather small tub of Cremo sandalwood that was designed (per all the copy on the package) for brush and bowl lathering. Has anyone else seen or used this yet? For only $8 I picked it up to give it a shot.

I'm going to go to Target and hopefully get some. Thanks for the heads up. Let us know what you think of it.

Sure do!

Attachments

• IMG_1237.JPG
    IMG_1237.JPG
    986 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    977.5 KB · Views: 182
Well I went to Target and they didn't have the new Cremo. I picked up a tube of the original because I've never tried it. I think I will try it tomorrow with my Ikon El Jefe.

Very interesting. It's not listed on the company website yet, so must be very new. For $8 I'd give it a try. Guess I might be planning a trip to Target tomorrow.

I also happened to get my first Stirling soap in the mail yesterday, so I tried that out first. Cremo will probably be next. Also, FYI, I'm new to the DE game, so take any of my "reviews" with a grain of salt, or two.

This must be new. I see it on Target's website but not on Cremo's. Target also has other varieties of Cremo.

Looking forward to the review. It's good to have more wet shaving options available in stores.

My wife actually saw it about a week ago and bought it for me in the sandalwood scent. I used it that evening. My initial thoughts and first impression.

The fragrance is light, and clean. Not an overpowering Sandalwood.. I liked it.

The cream is pretty thick, easy to load and starts to lather well. At first it stayed thick and was easy to lather, however the lather starts to collapse pretty quickly and wasn't very slick. I added more water, the lather exploded and became SUPER slick. Again, the lather starts to fade rapidly.

By the time I made a couple swipes on my cheeks, the lather had dissipated almost everywhere so I just kept rebuilding the lather.
The shave went well, however I was left with a lot of irritation on my neck. I used a straight razor and I would not recommend that with this cream. My skin was left very soft and moisturized despite the irritation.
Next shave.... Single pass with a Slim adjustable.
I was in a hurry, lathered up ( lather died quickly again but left it slick ) and did a quick one pass shave. It was great! Super slick, no irritation good post shave feel.

Would I recommend it? SURE, your results may vary. I wouldn't suggest it with a SR, but for a quick DE shave it was fine.

TLDR
Easy to find, $8, Slick but lather was less than desirable, good post shave feel, lots of irritation when using a SR. Worth a try.

I found some yesterday at one of the two Targets I went to. The stores in my area are in the process of revamping/redoing the what all of the shaving items are displayed. I had to snag mine from the cart of new stock the employees were working out of when they weren't looking. Thankfully it was already in the system so it was able to ring up for purchase.
I haven't used it yet, but did a test lather. It only lathers up slightly better than the regular SW cream in the tube and, at the least the one I got, smells heavily of stearic acid along with the Sandalwood scented. The cream in the tube smell much nicer.

I forgot to mention, I also saw shaving brushes with the Cremo brand on them being sold at Target. They have horse hair knots and if memory serves me right, they are $19.99.

Top Bottom