What's new

Cremo is underrated

Good evening gents I have read some reviews here and there and picked up some Cremo Bourbon and vanilla at Target I was already there so I said what the hell, I'll try it and man oh man it took me be surprise even though I had to use a little more than I usually do for creams it performed just as good as my high end stuff at only $6 and it smells fantastic.
The postshave left my skin very nice it didn't dry out my skin and I could have gone without an aftershave its that good.
I wish they had an aftershave but I guess ill settle with the cologne they got.
For me it felt like a 3 in 1 I did it need preshave, the cream itself surpassed my expectations, and I did not even need a postshave. Overall greatness.

[DICLAIMER: I AM NOT SPONSORED BY CREMO]

It’s not bad. I use it for vacation and quick shaves. This year I had my kid shave the back of my neck using a DE and cremo. Now he shaves but prefers cella.

The Cremo cream is just ok IMO. Not nearly my favourite cream/soap.

But…. I recently picked up a couple of different scents of their relatively new shave stick (same format as most deodorants) and it is excellent stuff. It was around $5 each at Marshall’s.

It’s amazing for travel. 👍

It works in a pinch but it’s way too thick for me, even if I only use a little. I’m wondering if it will lather with a brush. I agree with @JCarr that it makes an amazing preshave, again only if I use the tiniest amount. I didn’t know about the shave stick. I’ll have to give it a try!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The Cremo product I referred to is in fact a lathering shave cream. It's absolutely fantastic. Top slickness in my collection.

IMG_20210901_114233.jpg

Cremo is the only shave soap/cream costing less than $10 that I will even consider using. It does not come close to matching the performance of the best soaps in my collection, but it is good enough that it is my product of choice when traveling.

Cremo becomes incredibly slick when mixed with water. Although you can apply the cream to a wet face with your fingertips, I prefer using a shaving brush and lathering it like I would any other cream. For those who focus primarily on slickness, Cremo when properly hydrated is as slick as any product available. Where it is lacking is skin protection and post-shave conditioning. If those are not as important to you as they are to me, Cremo is a great product and a great value.

Cremo becomes incredibly slick when mixed with water. Although you can apply the cream to a wet face with your fingertips, I prefer using a shaving brush and lathering it like I would any other cream.

That's good to know. I haven't seen anyone claim to use a brush with Cremo. I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks!

That's good to know. I haven't seen anyone claim to use a brush with Cremo. I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks!

There are a few brushless shave creams that cannot be lathered. Alba Botanica and Jack Black are two examples. Although not a soap based product, Cremo has sufficient detergent (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) to allow lathering. Lathering it with a brush insures that it is properly hydrated for maximum slickness.

Great stuff for a quick shave my only gripe with it is the smell seems kind of industrial to me.
I have a tube in my shower for when I really don't have time to mess around.

Im a head shaver that has converted to shower shaving. When I shaved at the sink, I had a hard time w cremo's performance. It dried out and got too goopy for me. I randomly tried it again in the shower the other week and it works so much better for me. It's extremely slick. I use it when Im in more of a rush and dont have time to take my time to get a good rich lather w a shave soap.

The Cremo cream is just ok IMO. Not nearly my favourite cream/soap.

But…. I recently picked up a couple of different scents of their relatively new shave stick (same format as most deodorants) and it is excellent stuff. It was around $5 each at Marshall’s.

It’s amazing for travel. 👍

+1 about the stick. I picked one up a few months before COVID and got to use it on some trips. It’s an excellent travel stick. No issues with TSA and it performs better than the cream for me.

I've have also used Cremo with a brush. My only complaint is the lather tends to dry out too quickly if you lather your whole face initially. But other than that I like Cremo & use it in my rotation. Just make sure you use more water than you normally use.

If you plan to apply to your face directly with your hands. Start with a wet face, rub it in & then rub more water on your face which will also make the Cremo lather up.

It's not my favorite, but I use it if I'm in a hurry. A dollop in the bowl and some water and I can get a serviceable lather in about 10 seconds. It seems to play well with an old horsehair brush I have. This is with a straight, so it definitely needs some water otherwise it gets sticky.

Top Bottom