What's new

Cremo flat out SUCKS.

I impulsively bought a tube at Target after checking that it could be returned if it didn't work well for me. What an absolutely awful product and impossible to rinse off one's face. If some of you like it, good on you but it is the worst shaving cream I've ever tried. I'd rather use Barbasol. I should know better - Never buy my shaving products at Target...

Oh, and because this is B&B, YMMV. :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
It's certainly not my favorite, but it'a alright. I have taken it when I'm traveling and hand lathered without a brush and bowl and used a cartridge razor. It has its place, but now that I have finished this tube I likely wouldn't buy another tube.

What an absolutely awful product
I bought a tube early on when I thought those shaving brushes were extravagant and surely not necessary. I now realize that Cremo is not all that much faster to apply than a good soap, and I have to splash more water on my face halfway through a pass just to keep it wet enough to use.

I'd rather use Barbasol.
😧 Woah, let’s not get carried away here! Admittedly I’ve never used Barbasol, but unless it’s light years better than other canned products, I’d have to respectfully disagree. Cremo is at least slick, and no canned product I’ve ever used can even remotely be described as slick.

Never have bought anything by them, but the stuff I've smelled in the stores smells like heaven.
And cheap.

Spice and Black Vanilla is an excellent Spicebomb dupe and Silver Water and Birch is a really nice Creed Silver Mountain Water dupe. I think these are $15-ish/$100ml.

The Creed is $300 on sale, so I can actually afford to eat and also feel fancy with the Cremo. 😜

for sure needs water before and after some put on a bit more to thin out as I can see how without that it does not rinse easily :) still my fav in tube cream for camping or something that I need no extra stuff around to use
wife loves it in the shower for her legs again needing that water with it while shaving
I rarely use it again unless I am camping etc.. but did use it when I used cart type razors as it beat the can junk :)
and yeah way prefer my soaps and brush etc..

did not know target would take things like that back :)

ditto the colognes are great bang for buck but what do I know :)

I do like the Gillette Pure stuff in a tube, but Cream-O was like rubber cement that wouldn't set. It may be good, I just didn't have the patience to figure out how much water I needed to cut it.

for sure needs water before and after some put on a bit more to thin out as I can see how without that it does not rinse easily :) still my fav in tube cream for camping or something that I need no extra stuff around to use
wife loves it in the shower for her legs again needing that water with it while shaving
I rarely use it again unless I am camping etc.. but did use it when I used cart type razors as it beat the can junk :)
and yeah way prefer my soaps and brush etc..

did not know target would take things like that back :)

ditto the colognes are great bang for buck but what do I know :)
As I said above, I have used it when traveling with carts. I would also say that now that I have run out of Cremo, I would likely keep King of Shaves gel on hand rather than Cremo for cartridge use, but again YMMV. I actually liked this stuff back in the day:

My first DE shave was with a made-in-China TTO (looks like the Viking or Bali) with unbranded blades, and a tube of Creamo purchased at CVS on a whim.

Yes, it is thinner than traditional soaps, but it seemed to work fine, and it is "impossibly slick". Slicker than any soap or cream that I have used...and smells pretty good too (I used the sandalwood).

I think I have read here that some members add a bit of Creamo to their other shaving soaps to make a slicker "super lather".

I use Cremo, along with several other brushless creams, fairly regularly. I use them by themselves and as a preshave or in making a super-slick uber lather. Water content and volume of cream are pretty critical to not getting too gooey.

Of the brushless creams I am enjoying Stephan Conditioning Cream the most. That stuff is pretty awesome.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
When I first started I melted down a puck of VDH and added about half a tube of cremo to it, stirred and let it set. Made a good slick lather, just never liked the peppermint smell.

lasta

Blade Biter
I bought a tube early on when I thought those shaving brushes were extravagant and surely not necessary. I now realize that Cremo is not all that much faster to apply than a good soap, and I have to splash more water on my face halfway through a pass just to keep it wet enough to use.

😧 Woah, let’s not get carried away here! Admittedly I’ve never used Barbasol, but unless it’s light years better than other canned products, I’d have to respectfully disagree. Cremo is at least slick, and no canned product I’ve ever used can even remotely be described as slick.
Don't hit me, but Foamy is pretty slick. They even have patents on some silicon stuff to smooth over skin pores!

Plus, it doubles as an excellent pre-shave while I bowl lather.

Don't hit me, but Foamy is pretty slick. They even have patents on some silicon stuff to smooth over skin pores!

Plus, it doubles as an excellent pre-shave while I bowl lather.
fight punch GIF by Paul Layzell

Just kidding. I've only used Gillette and Edge gels in the last couple of years, and neither of them is very slick at all. I don't recall any canned foam I used previously with carts being any different, so I figured they're all probably pretty similar. But I suppose it's possible Foamy (or Barbasol) is better. Hard to imagine either is better than Cremo, but I'm not going to buy another can of anything to find out!

Not that I'm a fan of Cremo, mind you, just saying it's at least slick.

Top Bottom