What's new

Cremo Cream, Anyone?

I'm still new to using shaving cream. Very long time soap user. Had Cremo given to me as a Christmas gift and shaved with it for the first time this morning. Lathered it in a bowl with a 24 mm Silvertip. Almond sized dollop in bowl then started lathering in the bowl with a wet brush adding water as needed.

Lather seems on par with Coats both in ease of making and how it shaved. Scent different but OK.

Since I'm still new with creams it is too soon to really tell as I'm getting better with it as I continue to work with it. So far I prefer soap, but the difference between them seems to be shrinking.

None of the creams seem to quite match the slickness of most soaps so far, but it is more than adequate.

Reading of the success others on this thread have had with face lathering with cream makes me want to try it.

I tried Cremo cream for home use and found it lacking in protection. I tried Cremo for travel and it works OK with a cartridge type razor. I quit using Cremo quite some time ago as I found other creams I preferred for travel. About a year ago while on a business trip I ran across a prdocut I had never heard of, Cremo Shave Sticks. I grabbed one off the shelf of the store I was in and gave it a try. It won't replace my favorite soaps for shaving at home, but it is fantastic for travel as the stick meets TSA requirements and no worries about the tube leaking. You can use a brush with it but dont expect a thick dense lather. I find it works better to just use it brushless. If you like Cremo creams I'd suggest giving this stick a try. It comes in a number of different flavors.

cremo stick 1.JPG

Attachments

• cremo stick 2.JPG
    cremo stick 2.JPG
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 13
The only Cremo meant to be lathered is sold in a tub, and it's sandalwood scented. The rest of their products are brushless.

Cremo doesn't lather when I've used it. It's almost completely transparent.

You can also use it as a preshave, it works fine for that.

The only Cremo meant to be lathered is sold in a tub, and it's sandalwood scented. The rest of their products are brushless.

To get it to lather you have to use more of it than just an almond sized amount. I use the Cooling, and Sandalwood versions of it to superlather my Williams Mug Soap, or my vintage soaps that have lost there scent.

Clayton

I only add it to soaps to make them slicker and it does a marvelous job of that. A dollop into the bowl of recycled lather and load the brush. You'll have enough lather to shave yourself, the dog and the cat.
I agree. I added a tiny bit of Cremo to some williams mug soap this morning while whipping it up in the bowl. I had lather climbing out of the bowl, and had a great shave.

It's a good additive to whatever soap you are using.

Good stuff and works for me. I like the scent of the original and have gotten some really nice shaves with it. Great for mornings when you are in a rush or for travel. My only gripe is the plastic tube.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I agree with those who opine that it’s slick and it works, but is otherwise pretty “meh”. Probably better than other goos and butters and whatever’s trendy these days, but not on par with lathering creams. No disrespect to fans or guys that use it as preshave or super-lather mixer. It’s good to be in a free country where consumers have choices.

I tried their tin of Lathering Shave Cream. It performed as good if not better than the best of products I've ever used. But the smell was horrendous. Like something you'd use to strip wallpaper, or a paint product. One beef I have is their shave products that instruct you to "First wash your face with the hottest water you can stand" IMO a certain way to dry your skin out and not good advice

Attachments

• FAB7CACE-F3C2-474E-9981-AFAB7DCAABA4.jpeg
    FAB7CACE-F3C2-474E-9981-AFAB7DCAABA4.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom