What's new

Cremo Beard Oil

I noticed this stuff at the local "Sprawl"-Mart about a month or two ago. Curiosity finally got the best of me and I picked up a bottle of the Forest Blend. I've used it a few times over the last week and thought I would give my thoughts on it.

First impressions, packaging is nice and it has a eyedropper style bottle that seems to work well. Price is nice at just under $10 for an ounce.

The scent, it's fairly mild and doesn't have a lot of hang time maybe an hour at best. and if you use a strong aftershave or cologne you probably won't even notice it. It's called Forest Blend, but that's not what I get from it. It does have a bit of a woody note though, but more like a freshly cut 2x4 than a forest or a Christmas tree. I also get a bit of a minty note, and a slightly medicinal note almost like Noxzema. I even get a slight peppery note. It may sound kind of strange combination, but it is very light and I do like it.

Performance wise it's as good as anything else I've used (WSP, Captain Fawcett). It absorbs into the beard quickly and leaves it shiny, soft, and manageable without felling oily ore greasy.

All and all I would say it's worth picking up if you are looking for a beard oil. It's also available in unscented or Tea Tree Mint.

It is weird that many beard oils I have tested don't seem to work as well as others. The contents are almost identical, from the beard sampler my favourite was captain fawcett, texas beard. Least favourite by a mile was proraso, made my beard weird and stringy. Sadly 3 of the samples that I got were smashed together in an unholy alliance of manly scents.
I also like the drip thingies so I can get the exact amount I want, it's important toget the right amount. My curly beard seems to be very thirsty.

I picked this up about a month ago too. It works well. I have only had one day where my beard didn't soak it up. The smell is light (to light imho) but is not overpowering. It doesn't last a whole long time, but it does help with the dryness. It is cheaper than most beard oils and works well. I wish the scent was a bit more robust, but other than that, I really can't complain.

Top Bottom