What's new

Creepy Crawlies!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh, here's a bug AND a flower pic. Don't know what kind of critter that is.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

Nice dragon fly pics., troy. There are several here that I may need to try and get a shot of, but I don't have a macro lens and they don't stay still long.

Nice spider pics.; I have a few of the black, fuzzy, scary looking ones...a few of them room with me in the house. There is one that has been living between the screen and the glass in the bathroom window for a few days, and some on the dining room ceiling. The locust haven't showed up yet this year though, but they'll be here.

I may try to get a snake pic.; I see them cutting across the pond again.
Thanks Mike! You don't necessarily need a macro, just a longer zoom will go a long way or some extension tubes if you want to get in a little closer.

Oh, here's a bug AND a flower pic. Don't know what kind of critter that is.Not sure what he is either, but he looks cool and is very well positioned and framed up. Thanks for posting!

View attachment 886820

Mike H

Instagram Famous
On my office wall... A quick trip to the store and my office was soon a level 4 hazmat incident, with tyvek and respirator required. I like bugs, just not all of them, and not in my living space. Especially this one (Brown Recluse).
proxy.php

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Those spider pictures are the best I have ever seen.

And @troy one wolf spider was 13 mb. and the other was 11.5 mb. Are these giant sizes hurting B + B?

Those spider pictures are the best I have ever seen.

And @troy one wolf spider was 13 mb. and the other was 11.5 mb. Are these giant sizes hurting B + B?
Thanks Billski!
I go by the rule of if they didn't want you uploading such big files they would put a smaller size limit. I have started sizing down my razor or shave of the day pics for people on phones or slow connections. But in the Darkroom I like to keep them full size so you can zoom in for more detail.

Here's a tiny little jumper, less than a 1/4 of an inch long. I could barely even tell he was a spider with the naked eye until I got real close and couldn't see that he was eating without looking through the lens.
P1040238(3).JPG

Top Bottom